This is an every-kind-of-day dream outfit for me, folks. Red, white, and blue, and a healthy mix of prints, textures, and trends.
The only thing that would make it better? A nice cold beer and some fireworks…I guess I’ll have that coming soon enough with this weekend and Fourth of July next Tuesday!
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Loving this affordable army green safari-inspired shirt dress. Perfect for easy summer dressing!
- Blogger love of the week: Omg. Sarah looks ridiculously amazing in this burgundy outfit. Burgundy for spring…who knew? (Apparently, Sarah…that’s who).
- I’m going to need these woven loafers as soon as possible please! They would be so cute with skirts/dresses now and jeans later!
- I’m slowly turning into a mini-plant lady (thanks to my mom and bestie, B, for teaching me all your tricks), and these little fruit planters ARE THE CUTEST THINGS EVER! Yes, that needed to be yelled. No, I’m not sorry! ;)
- And because it is Red, White, and Blue Week…here are 10 patriotic cocktails for your Fourth of July celebrations!
- Pair one of those cocktails with this skirt (in either the red or blue version) with a white tee and a pair of sandals, and you’ll have next Tuesday covered!
- The new police recruits in Taiwan are awfully hairy…and ridiculously cute!
- I am really really really into these embroidered flats. The plot twist…they’re 45% pink. What do I do?!
- People helping other people will always make me smile, and so this video that my mom shared of a community project called “Lunch On Me” had to be shared! Good-hearted people are the BEST, right?! :)
- A pretty white perforated crossbody is EXACTLY what I need for summer.
Welcome to the fourth annual Red, White, and Blue Week here on Style On Target! It’s a whole lot of patriotic looks…but it is also how my closet looks the other 51 weeks of the year! ;)
We’re kicking the week off with a pairing of these super affordable sneakers (here – so affordable…so it is okay if you drop ice cream on them…guilty!) and my favorite dress ever from J.Crew (dear J.Crew team, please bring this back in yellow and red next year….I WILL buy).
It’s a perfect, Americana look for wearing all day on Fourth of July….from socializing to s’mores eating to sparkler waving.
Land of the free, home of the
Today’s fun highlights:
- It’s Friiiiiiiiiddaaaaayyyy (said in my best Oprah voice)!!!!
- It’s pouring rain outside, and I’m snuggled up under a blanket (because my husband won’t stop blasting the AC) and blogging on my couch with a snoring puppy beside me.
- THIS. IS. THE. LIFE. And I mean that 100% sincerely.
- I’m newly obsessed with the Fresh Bamboo candle from Bath and Body Works. Anyone else love that one (or have any other favorite scents to share)?!
- We saw Miike Snow on Tuesday this week, and I have never felt so old and so young at the same time. Thanks to long car rides in Utah last year with my brother, I knew most of the newer songs and enjoyed the show. And I of course danced my butt off to Genghis Khan (here – their most famous song).
- No big plans over here this weekend, but next week is Red, White, and Blue week here at Style On Target. And as long as it stops raining this weekend, I should have some new outfits for you…but until then, enjoy this shot from one of my favorite looks from last year (full post here)!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
And she’ll have fun fun fun / ‘Til her daddy takes the T-bird away
And don’t worry, even if your daddy takes the T-bird away (or you know, doesn’t have one…), you can still have fun in the summer. I promise! ;)