So this weekend did not go according to my Friday post plans. We didn’t end up making the drive to Kentucky to see C (big thanks to Mother Nature and her snow/ice storm), and we were kind of forced to stay inside all day Sunday. I’m super not pumped about it (I was going to get cupcakes with C), but I tried to make the best of it. The Fiance and I did try to get some errands done and did get to try a new burger joint out in Indianapolis, which was delicious (BRU Burger, in case anyone ever comes to Indy!).
I wore the above combination of gingham and fair isle to stay warm over the weekend (before the snow hit, clearly). I’m not an expert of mixing patterns, but I seriously loved this combo. It is kind of a mashup of summer and winter patterns, since gingham tends to be light and breezy, while fair isle is sweaters and warm. I also loved how my green Target jacket (purchase inspired by blogger friend Sara) looks with bright red. Red and green tend to mesh well together (opposites on the color wheel), but it is so hard to make them NOT look like Christmas.
Did your weekend go according to plan? Let me know what you ended up doing in the comments, if you don’t mind!
- On Target item: Xhilaration Junior’s Anorak Jacket (super thick/heavy and super recommended…if you are on the fence about this, check out your clearance racks soon, mine was $20).
- Sweater: Mossimo Supply Co., Target (Winter 2013; similar 1, similar 2, similar 3 – all on sale)
- Gingham Buttondown: J.Crew (thrifted; black/white similar, blue/white similar)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact – tall and short styles online too!)
- Ankle Boots: Old Navy (exact)