So real life question here…how long does it normally take you to wear newly purchased clothing items?
I think I’m a mix of Team Wait Forever and Team Wear It NOW! I used to be of the camp that it had to hang out in my closet while I admire its shiny newness. Once you wear it, it kind of loses its fun, right (unless you get proposed to or win the lottery or meet Andrew Luck from the Colts)? However, lately, I’ve embraced wearing some items as soon as possible, so that I can optimize the number of times I can wear them. No sense in waiting for a “rainy day” to wear your new favorite tee, right?
So on that note, three of the five items I’m wearing today are new. The Target tan tote (more on that to come this week in a full review) and the green pants from Old Navy were purchased at the very beginning of March as awesome staples that I was missing. They kind of got to hang around for a while and get use to my closet. The scallop stripe tee from Ann Taylor Loft? Purchased this weekend during their awesome sale and worn pretty much immediately. So a little bit of both philosophies!
How about you? Let me know in the comments!
- On Target item: Mossimo Blazer (Spring 2013 – though I hope they bring them back this year; similar 1; similar 2)
- Tee: Ann Taylor Loft (exact)
- Tote: Merona, Target (exact – watch out for a post later this week for a review)
- Pants: Old Navy (exact – LOVE them especially b/c they come in talls!)
- Ankle Boots: Old Navy (exact)