So I haven’t done a Style on Target Review in a few months, but I definitely have a few coming up. The last two have been the C9 by Champion softshell jacket (post here) and the Merona Oxford Blazer (here), which I wear allll the time.
This Target Review item is one of my favorite purchases in quite some time. I’m sure you have seen every style blogger ever sport the Madewell Transport Tote (on the left, see it here), which is gorgeous, classic, real soft leather, and a cool $168. On the right is my Target version, which sells for $35 (here; though there is always an option of a sale, which there was when I picked mine up).
I had been lusting over the Madewell tote for about two months, and every day it seemed like a new style blogger that I loved had purchased the bag. I don’t use bags enough to spend that much money on something, so I had been scoping out places (coughTargetcough) for a good duplicate, and this was IT.
- Roomy tote shape
- Exact same cognac color as the Madewell tote (beautiful color in both)
- Zips close (which the Madewell one doesn’t)
- Sturdy handle strapes
- Bonus removable crossbody strap (this is how I like to wear purses anyways, so I am glad this one can be worn both ways)
- Exterior zip pockets (perfect for keeping stuff in)
- Interior pockets (two open, one zip)
- Price point (under $50)
- Real-ish leather looking (though it is 100% polyurethane)
- Color choices (comes in this black too)
- Slightly droopy
- Not real leather (this has more to do with my budget, not the bag)
Overall, I love this bag, and can’t wait to use it all the time! Check it out here: Merona Tote.
*For full outfit details, refer to Tuesday’s post.