*“What I Wish I Wore Wednesday” utilizes Polyvore to show you an outfit with all Target items to communicate what I wish I was wearing on this Wednesday and just how easy it is to look cute on a budget.
So, I’m not headed to the Kentucky Derby this year, but eventually, some year I would like to go. Mainly, because I love a good excuse to dress up and wear a big hat (or a fascinator, I’m really Kate Middleton at heart), but also because its a Midwest tradition! My friend C is from Louisville (where the event is held), and I have a feeling I can get her to take me one of these years (wink, wink C!).
I love the idea of wearing the above outfit there…bright summer dress, required big hat, wedges for all the grass/track walking, and a mint purse in honor of the official Kentucky Derby drink: mint juleps!
Have you ever been to the Kentucky Derby?! What did you or what would you wear?
Items from the Look:
- Merona Black Floppy Hat
- Merona Lace Dress (comes in 4 other colors!)
- Limited Edition Purse (unfortunately sold out before I hit publish, but here are some similar mint versions from Target: similar 1, similar 2)
- Chunky Gold Link Bracelet
- Orange and White Charm Bracelet
- Merona Boyfriend White with Gold Accents Watch
- Mossimo Wedge Sandals