You guys…if you haven’t read Caroline’s blog, Un-Fancy, stop what you’re doing and check it out. I swear to goodness gracious that it is changing me day by day, and I can’t stop thinking about it.
Basically the premise is that every 3 months, she choose 37 pieces of clothing/shoes and remixes and wears them for those 90+ days. She takes pictures of the outfits and posts a new one everyday. Brilliant. And madly inspiring. So much so that yesterday, I did a quick walk through of my closet and immediately pulled out seven things that I haven’t worn in the whole year (7 full months have gone by people!). I’m planning on scouring it more when I have more time, but just taking that tiny step felt great!
Her blog has great tips on how to handle a closet pair down, and her outfit posts can definitely help inspire you and get your creative juices flowing. They certainly got mine going, which inspired this above look.
Basics, but not basic.
ps. Seriously, check out Caroline’s blog and let me know what you think. Anne from In Residence did a great post about her reflections here too! Love it when other bloggers make you think!
- On Target item: Mossimo Peep Toe Heels (exact – 3 other colors)
- Chambray Shirt: Old Navy (old; see options below…I’m on the lookout for a new one too!)
- Skirt: Merona, Target (exact – limited sizing left, but also comes in black!)
- Necklace: Target (similar 1, similar 2)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; new version, similar style for way less)
- Belt: Kohl’s (Christmas 2013 gift from MIL; similar)
- Purse: Madewell (exact)
- Skirt: Old Navy (Spring 2014; exact)