So I thought today, it would be interesting to showcase how great a solid color fit and flare dress can be in a Capsule Wardrobe. It may seem to be a bit “boring” to have two of the same dress in the capsule (just in different solid colors), but it actually provides a great canvas to jumpstart some outfits. Plus, It. Has. POCKETS!
Take today’s look for example. Perfect for the work environment (I even pass the finger-length test) with a pair of heels, a statement necklace, and a ladylike bag. I think it makes it even more classy by only pairing two colors (my favorites, no big deal).
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s look to see how I take it down a notch by switching out EVERYTHING but the dress.
- On Target item: Merona Navy Fit and Flare Dress (exact – buy one, get one 50% off this week!)
- Necklace: Target (Spring 2014; exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; similar crossbody options below)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (Winter 2013; similar)