I’d thought this would make an interesting post, because I always wonder how other bloggers make the choices they do when pulling together outfits.
This particular outfit was worn to work and consisted of a pretty basic formula: black blazer + white sleeveless blouse + stripe skirt + heels. There wasn’t a lot of personality with it, but it looked nice enough.
So what to add…what to add…what to add?
Option 1: I started off pairing it with my new favorite black tote, which definitely kept it professional, but didn’t add a whole lot of interest.
Option 2: Okay, let’s add some interest then. This look features some pattern mixing by pairing the stripe skirt with the black polka dot crossbody. Definitely a lot more fun and still keeps it chic with the black and white.
Option 3: How about a pop of color? Besides navy and red, I think black, white, and red might be my favorite color combinations. So why not throw on a bold color crossbody purse?
So that’s just three ways to think about this outfit…and that only involves purses! Just think if I had expanded it to jewelry, shoes, scarves, and/or anything else that you might add to an outfit to make it your own…how many different combinations could I have come up with. I think that’s why this capsule collection is going so well for me (minus the no-shopping ;)).
Which of the three looks is your favorite? What would you have added?
- On Target item: Merona Ponte Stripe Skirt (Spring 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Sleeveless Blouse: Merona, Target (Spring 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Blazer: Merona, Target (Fall 2013; similar 1, similar 2)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Purse (black tote): Target (exact – reverses to gray!; more options below)
- Purse (black/white polka dot crossbody): Merona, Target (Spring 2013; similar options below)
- Purse (red crossbody): Merona, Target (Spring/Summer 2013; similar options below)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)