I’ve been loving these posts lately where I show two different ways to wear the same basics, but in vastly different ways, so I thought that I would continue that on Wednesdays/Thursdays for the next few weeks. It’s amazing to me how different outfits can look based on the accessories worn, which is why this capsule challenge hasn’t been that hard yet.
Today’s look features my favorite plaid scarf and my new-to-me yellow winter coat from Poshmark (for $15!). There’s just a touch of yellow in the plaid scarf, which pretty much demanded that I pair it with my new coat (ps. how gorgeous is this coat? It is definitely going to keep me smiling this winter because of how bright it is). The tan skirt and black tee provide a perfect neutral background to this pairing.
Come back to see tomorrow’s look to see how I can take classic into glam.
ps. The best thing in the world is when out-of-town friends visit and go eat cheese curds with you. Thanks for the dinner date, HH! ;)
- On Target item: Merona Black 3/4 Sleeve Tee (Fall 2013, but this one is nearly exact)
- Scarf: Merona, Target (exact – sold out online, but check the link for your local store’s stock; similar 1, similar 2)
- Coat: Old Navy (via Poshmark; similar color, current Old Navy style)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (Fall 2013; similar options below)
- Purse: Merona, Target (my review here; super similar)
- Ankle Boots: Mossimo, Target (Fall 2013; similar 1, similar 2)