Ready, set, go….what Spice Girl did you want to be when you were younger? Maybe Baby? Or Posh (so you could be married to David Beckham)? Or Scary and her mad love for leopard? Or Ginger (who was the only one actually named after a spice…something that a 13-year-old me never really got)?
None of the above? That’s right. You and I were the cool girls who wanted to be Sporty Spice. Snap-off gym pants? Check. High ponytail? Check. Sneakers? Check. Crop top sports top? No check. At all. Ever.
But maybe this is what a Sporty Spice wannabe can wear in 2014. Casual, but still pulled together. Check.
ps. The Spice Girls concert in Indianapolis was actually the first concert I EVER attended. My aunt took me, bought me fun snacks and a t-shirt, and we had a blast! Cool aunts rock…maybe come January, I can be one of those!?
Items from the Look:
- Xhilaration Black and Gray Baseball Cap Hat
- Target Oblong Plaid Scarf (online only; how pretty is this color combo?)
- Gap Red Plaid Sweatshirt (plaid detailing on the back…how cool!)
- Gap Tie Waist Skirt
- Mossimo Quilted Black Clutch
- Merona Black Watch ($11 – steal of the century)
- Mossimo Supply Co. Quilted Black Slip-On Sneakers