This dress was a great find, since it was a part of my 2014 Wishlist, and I had such a difficult time finding one that was fitted, 3/4 sleeve, and red-red (you know the battle). This one fit the bill, and now that I have it (and it is a part of my capsule), I need to get down to wearing it more. It’ll be perfect for holiday parties with some statement necklaces and metallic tights, but how about now?
The above look was inspired by yesterday’s post about mixing colors and Kate Spade/the brand’s unique color combinations in their advertising campaigns. Again, the red and deep burgundy are anchored by black accessories (I turned my belt around so the buckle doesn’t show) and a touch of gold.
It’s classy and fun at the same time, which is really what I would like someone to describe my personal style all the time! Plus, with all my talk about holiday party outfits at the beginning of this post, this look would be perfect that too (without screaming Christmas)!
Which I’m known to do occasionally.
Check back tomorrow to see how another brand inspired a totally different look with this Little Red Dress (LRD)!
- On Target item: Merona Red Fit and Flare Dress (Fall 2014; sold out, but similar options below)
- Necklace: Target (Spring 2014; super similar)
- Belt: stolen from another dress? (similar 1, similar 2)
- Clutch: Banana Republic Outlet (Fall 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Tights: Merona, Target (Winter 2013; 2014 colors here)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)