Let’s keep talking about holiday dressing (see this morning’s post here), and not the kind of delicious dressing that my mom makes for Thanksgiving and Christmas that involves bread crumbs!
It’s hard because you want to look cute and festive, and you can’t always default and wear an ugly Christmas sweater (here if you need them though).
You can however, wear a red dress. It’s the easiest way to stay festive, because it’s one piece. You can dress it up like I did in this post (a blinged out statement necklace and polka dot tights should do the trick) or you could put on some sweater leggings (maybe these?) and a cardigan for a gift exchange party with friends. You’ll be in the holiday spirit and can still work with the piece beyond the holidays.
Get it, got it, good?
ps. This present is a decoy. My mom wrapped a bunch of empty boxes for Christmas decorations one year (so that your tree doesn’t look sad when it is up and you are procrastinating on your present shopping/wrapping). Further proof that that woman is a genius.
- On Target item: Merona Red Fit and Flare Dress (sold out online; similar options below)
- Lipcolor: L’oreal Always Red Lipliner (exact)
- Necklace: Target (exact – and in black/white!)
- Purse: DKNY (thrifted; similar 1, similar 2 – both under $30!)
- Tights: Gap (old; this year’s version – they sell out super quick, so jump on it!)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)