As 2014 comes to a close, Pantone has announced the 2015 Color of the Year.
It is Marsala! The official press release has described as a “a naturally robust and earthy wine red.” The impactful, full-bodied qualities of Marsala (like the wine of the same name) make for an elegant statement color when the color is used on its own or as a compelling accent when paired with many other colors (for example: light purple, gold, teal, and light blues).
This is biggish news in the news of style, as this color can be seen on the runways and the red carpet, which has a trickle down effect into retail stores (you all know the cobalt blue scene from The Devil Wears Prada). Past Colors of the Year have included Radiant Orchid (2014), Emerald (2013), Mimosa (2009), and Tiger Lily (2004).
I’m much more on board with this color than last year’s pink/purple Radiant Orchid, but to me, it’s just a new way to say burgundy/oxblood/dark red! Whatever way you want to say it, I’m down to wear it!
Check out how you can get a jump on 2015’s Color!
- Mossimo Satchel Purse
- Heatlast Packable Down Puffer Coat (comes in six other colors)
- Mossimo Supply Co. Pom Pom Beanie Hat
- Merona Chunky Cowl Neck Tunic Sweater
- Lily Star Textured Zip Skirt
- Mossimo Faux Suede Clutch
- Mossimo Textured Fit & Flare Dress (comes in a pretty gray too!)
- Merona Faux Leather Watch (a steal at $11!)
*Read more from the official press release from Pantone here!