Sometimes you wear outfits that you love, love, love (see here and here), and sometimes you wear outfits that are just meh. I’m not really talking about this outfit, because I do like this one (and the hat kept my hair dry from the misting rain), but about another outfit that I had planned to go up today (think swan shirt + leather skirt + blue tights).
I wore the outfit, took the photos, and went to go edit them, and just didn’t feel it. Sometimes, you just want to try something new (especially when you’re nearing the end of wearing the same 43 items over and over again), but once on, it’s not your cup of tea (or coffee).
Maybe black and blue doesn’t work all the time. Maybe blue tights (despite being awesome) just aren’t your thing. Maybe you should use your iron more. ;)
It’s not all success over here, folks. It never is! AS much, as I’d like for it to be! But that’s the beauty of this capsule challenge. It’s taught me a lot: I’m 100% not a minimalist, I like prints and patterns (the more swans, the better!), I like color, and I like to be unrestricted (for the most part) when it comes to what I can wear on any given day.
So while a lot of people may not dig this outfit (or the last one or the next one or the next next one), I dig what it has shown me! All that from a little 6-piece outfit, huh?
- On Target item: Merona Sleeveless Crepe Button Down Blouse (similar options below, perfect for layering!)
- Hat: Merona, Target (exact – use code JOY30 for 30% and look in your local store!)
- Watch: Target (exact)
- Sweater: Old Navy (Winter 2013; super similar)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact)
- Purse: Merona, Target (old; super similar)
- Ankle Boots: Loft (exact)