First off, Merry Christmas Eve!
Secondly, so a lot of you have noted that all my favorite things to feature on this blog seem to be sold out.
This plaid shirt? Gone.
These L.L. Bean duck boots? Backordered until April! (ps. who needs winter boots in April?)
This red purse? Long departed from your local Target store.
I guess that’s what happens when you buy your fall capsule items in August/September. But since we’re in a society of we-want-it-NOW (don’t worry, I’m the most impatient of all), I present to you a perfect winter outfit with three good substitutes for items that I love.
Consider this an early Christmas present from me to you! ;)
ps. I had a pair of velvet pants in middle school and wore them to a friend’s church on Sunday. We went to help out with the kids during Sunday School, and I slipped in the gym (super graceful over here) and “burned” the velvet right off the knees of the pants. Ultimate bummer, folks…and classic Katie right there. I might just need to replace that memory with this update version!
Items from the Look:
- Impressions by Isotoner Snowflake Gloves
- Mossimo Supply Co. Gray Knit Pom Beanie
- J. Crew Factory Red/Gray Plaid Flannel Shirt
- J. Crew Factory Black Velvet Pants
- J. Crew Factory Black Fair Isle Sweater
- Merona Red Crossbody Purse
- Merona Black Winter Duck Boots (seriously, these snow boots look legit – pretty good reviews too – and if I didn’t already have a pair of Bean Boots, those would be mine!)