I started my first Capsule Challenge about 3.5 months ago. I wanted an easy way to reflect on what outfits I had worn and what pieces I had utilized, so I thought a recap post might be a good way to do that (here are September’s recap post, October’s recap post, and November’s recap post). This way I can see what’s working and what’s not, and you can have a concise post of the outfits (in case you didn’t want to read my everyday ramblings and just wanted the looks)!
Here. We. Go…
- Whirlwind Weekend
- Plaid + Faux Leather
- Stripes At Last!
- Graphic Sweater, Winter Style
- No Dots About It
- Fur Get About It
- Holiday Dressing
- Red-dy, Set, Blue
- Orange You Glad
- Spotted Plaid
- Basics and A Beanie
- Life Facts
- Neutral Leopard
- Striped Up, Plaid Down
- Polka Party
- And We’re Off!
- Swan Song (The End of the Capsule)
- Most Worn Item (besides jeans): cognac ankle boots, tan sweater, gray jeans
- Least Worn Item: most of my skirts (see below)
- Favorite Outfit: #6
- Honorable Mentions: #11, #13, #14, and #18
- Least Favorite Outfit: none really!
So here’s some things I learned from the capsule:
- I forgot completely about no-shopping during Black Friday. Whoops. Yay for cheating.
- I also completely forgot that in December, my work normally lets us wear jeans the whole month. So a lot of my skirts and dresses went unworn in the month of December, which was annoying, because I had SO MANY OUTFIT IDEAS for them.
- I’m not made to have a capsule. I think it’s something I would have to learn. I actually really like schedules and consistency, but apparently not in my wardrobe. Spontaneity, please! If I wanted to wear my leopard ankle boots, I couldn’t, which is a sad face.
- It was nice (in my early early morning zombie state) to only have 43 items to choose from. It makes outfit planning that much easier.
- The no-shopping was hard, but not that hard, since I left myself a cheat: accessories and outerwear. That was nice and really helped expand my outerwear collection!
- I had a blank slot in my capsule for a to be determined item (see final capsule items here) in case I had a desire to wear something, but I never made a decision or needed something else, so I only ended up using 43 items for 74 outfits. I had about 20-30 more outfit ideas (mostly work wear) that I could have done, but I was running out of outfits based around jeans. So it goes.
- I thought I was going to do a mid-January capsule, but I’m going on a cruise at the end of January, so that might not work…I might consider doing a mini-capsule (say 10 items for 15 outfits or something similar) instead. But the lovely Anne is doing a winter capsule, and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with (her inspiration board is EXACTLY what I want to look like everyday for the rest of my life – no exaggeration), so you should check her out too!
That’s about it here then! Thanks for reading and following along with my capsule challenge!