First off, thank you all for your kind words from Friday’s post. The Husband and I both appreciate the love and support. It’s hard to share negative things on a blog, but life isn’t all about brunch, nice shoes, and styled looks, which is sometimes all you see on blogs. So thanks for sharing in my realness.
Secondly, the New Year’s Eve party we hosted went off pretty well! I mean any party with a cheese tray and buffalo chicken dip is a great party in my book, so we had that going for us at the beginning. It was a random assortment of people (some family, some friends from college, some new friends, etc.), but we all got along really well. Except for my cousin who made fun of Taylor Swift during her performance…he might not have survived the night! It was great ringing in the New Year with such great friends and family (and nice to have my brother see our house for the first time).
This is what I wore that night, but I subbed the heels for a pair of black flats with a gold capped toe (similar here), because you don’t have to wear heels if you’re in your own house, am I right?
- On Target item: Merona Boatneck Tee (exact)
- Hair Bow Pin: unknown (old; similar)
- Necklace: Target (old; similar)
- Coat: Merona, Target (exact – sold out online, but check at your local store!)
- Clutch: Madewell (gift from The Husband; similar)
- Tights: Gap (Fall 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor (Winter 2013; similar options below)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)