So I’m sure I’ve mentioned that I have been paring my closet down slowly, but surely and focusing on items that I really love and need to create workable outfits. But blah, blah, blah, what does that really mean?
To me it means two things:
1. I really really really wanted a pair of plain black ankle pants that would work on my long legs (5’9″ is no joke for ankle pants, folks) and ones that would/could transcend from work to weekend. This bad boys from Loft seem to fit the bill so far!
2. It means that I started paring back the colors in my closet. I used to think that if I didn’t have a orange shirt in my closet that I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to have one. But guess what? Turns out I don’t really like orange that much. No that doesn’t mean I’ll never buy a orange item again, but it does mean that I know I would have to absolutely love it to bring it into my closet. My closet is leaning towards reds, blues (shocker…right), blacks, whites, tans, grays, and touches of yellow, and that’s just the way I like it!
And it turns out that when you pair red and yellow together, you don’t have to look like a walking advertisement for ketchup and mustard! Just be sure to balance with neutrals (gold and black here) and keep one of the colors as the main showcase (red here) and the other as a accent color (yellow).
But feel free to enjoy them on a burger or a hotdog equally, if you wish! ;)
- On Target item: Merona Floral Print Cardigan (similar)
- Blouse: Loft (exact)
- Nail Polish: “Redgy” (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; similar)
- Pants: Loft (exact)
- Espadrilles: thrifted (similar)