As 2015 comes to a close, Pantone has once again announced their Color of the Year….but this time around, it was actually TWO different colors!
The Colors of 2016 are Rose Quartz and Serenity! The official press release has described Rose Quartz as “a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure.” Serenity, meanwhile, is “weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, bringing feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times.”
Together the colors are suppose to bring a sense of calm and relaxation. They pair easily with other mid-tones: greens, purples, rich browns, yellow, and other shades of pink.
This is biggish news in the news of style, as these colors can be seen on the runways and the red carpet, which has a trickle down effect into retail stores (you all know the cobalt blue scene from The Devil Wears Prada). Past Colors of the Year have included Marsala (2015 – see that post here), Radiant Orchid (2014 – see that post here), Emerald (2013), Mimosa (2009), and Tiger Lily (2004).
I’m much more on board with Serenity as a color than Rose Quartz (#notapinkfan), but I’ve featured just as many of both colors below. I already miss you, Marsala!
Check out how you can get a jump on 2016’s Colors!
- Merona Pink/Blue Stripe Boatneck Tee (comes in several other colors)
- Mossimo Pink/Silver Watch
- Target Gold/Pink Statement Necklace
- Merona Rose Pink Buckle Crossbody Purse
- Merona Sky Blue Buckle Crossbody Purse
- Muk Luks Blue Pom Pom Beanie Hat
- Mossimo Supply Co. Blue Perforated Loafers
- Mossimo Supply Co. Blue Cable Knit Sweater
*Read more from the official press release from Pantone here!