I love a whole bunch of patterns (what can I say…I’m just not a solid kind of girl), but my favorite print this winter has definitely been buffalo plaid/check.
I love the mix of the traditional red/black color combination, but I also love the other color combinations as well. This article from Tartan Authority has a great and detailed history of the pattern (you know…if you’re interested), but my number one takeaway was that this pattern has been around for over 150 years (and hopefully is no longer made with spirit blood…read the article if you’re confused)!
Let’s just say I’ve got a lot of catching up to do in terms of my buffalo plaid wearing, so grab a favorite items below and call me Paul Bunyan! ;)
- J.Crew Factory Buffalo Plaid Loafers (looooove)
- Mossimo Supply Co. Buffalo Plaid Print Cardigan (comes in two other patterns too)
- Vera Bradley Buffalo Plaid Wallet (I tried to convince my mom that I needed this on a trip to Macy’s!)
- Madden Girl Buffalo Plaid Winter Coat (another similar option here)
- Merona Buffalo Plaid Oversized Scarf
- Aeropostale Buffalo Plaid Fuzzy Socks
- Arizona Buffalo Plaid Open Cardigan
- Talbots Buffalo Plaid Fold-Over Clutch and Talbots Buffalo Plaid Crossbody Purse