All that Mad Men influence is finally coming to this segment on the blog…a few years late and few dollars short.
But in this “cents” (get it?), a few dollars short is a great thing! It means you’re looking retro-ly great for the office without spending Don Draper dollars and looking good enough for Joan’s approval (I mean, she certainly knows her way around a pencil skirt or two)!
And this popover shirt is super versatile. Besides looking great with this pencil skirt, it can easily go with jeans, navy skirt, olive pants, and on and on and on! Peggy would be so proud!
So you have my permission (and a few characters from Mad Men’s as well) to get your retro juices flowing and embrace a trend from the past!
ps. I’ve only watched a few episodes of the show, so I’m really just throwing in names of characters as I go! ;)
- Target Red Floral Print Sunglasses
- Pixi Classic Red Lipstick
- J.Crew Factory Blue Paisley Printed Popover Shirt
- Merona Tan/White Colorblock Satchel Purse (comes in two other color combos)
- J.Crew Factory Navy Blue Blazer (also comes in tan and black)
- Merona Rose Gold Twist Watch
- J.Crew Factory Beige Pencil Skirt (also comes in black)
- Journee Collections via Target Red Mary Jane Pumps (comes in several other colors)