I’m normally a strict rule follower (except when it comes to dinner before dessert), but sometimes you just have to rebel. Because when there is a ton of snow on the ground…you go with easy.
Hence the black jeans during a regular work day. To distract from this office faux pas, keep things classic (quilted purse, chic coat), wear mostly neutral colors, and incorporate print mixing for full on distraction.
It’s my oldest trick in the book for beating winter and tricking my boss into thinking that these are black dress pants. Though if you get caught in your own office, you don’t know me! ;)
- On Target item: Merona Plaid Scarf (super similar; other plaid options below)
- Lip Color: c/o Anthropologie (exact – in Ruby)
- Coat: J.Crew Factory (exact; similar 1 and similar 2, since sizes are limited)
- Sweater: Merona, Target (similar 1; similar 2)
- Purse: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Game of Chromes” (exact)
- Jeans: Loft (exact)
- Ankle Boots: Loft (similar)