Happy Leap Day 2016!
In honor of this very special day that only comes once every four years, I thought I shared some random facts that the Internet told me about Leap Days/Years (source here). And then I’ll share them again in four years, because you’ll have completely forgot about them by then! ;)
- According to an old Irish legend, St. Brigid struck a deal with St. Patrick to allow women to propose to men – and not just the other way around – every four years. This is believed to have been introduced to balance the traditional roles of men and women in a similar way to how leap day balances the calendar.
- Where any of you born (or know anyone who was) on Leap Day, because I don’t know anyone who was! If you were, you can join the The Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies (that would definitely be a resume talking point)!
- Greeks consider it unlucky for couples to marry during a Leap Year and especially on Leap Day.
See you back in 2020, Leap Day! Isn’t that crazy that that is the next time we’ll see it? Time, y’all…blows my mind!
And if you know any more fun facts about Leap Year, leave them in the comments below! Like…does wearing geometric prints on Leap Day make you lucky (like green on St. Patrick’s Day)? Maybe? ;)
- On Target item: Merona Ultrasoft Sweater (similar options below)
- Coat: Merona, Target (similar)
- Nail Color: “Rhapsody Red” (exact)
- Watch: Timex (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (similar)
- Skirt: Old Navy (super similar)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact)
- Ankle Boots: Loft (similar)