Let’s get one thing straight…despite what The Husband thinks…you CAN wear white to a bridal shower even if you are not the bride.
But only one piece. Not two. Not even one-and-a-half. Just ONE.
I put this outfit on to wear to my cousin’s bridal shower, and The Husband asked me what I was doing. Uhhh, getting dressed?
“You can’t wear white to someone else’s wedding or bridal shower. YOU taught me that!”
After I calmed him down, I explained that I couldn’t wear a white dress (and I would recommend staying away from even a white skirt) to someone else’s wedding or bridal shower, but a white tank , no problem. White denim jacket or white blazer? A-okay. White cardigan? Get it girl! Just be sure to wear other colors with it, and bring a present! Or at least that’s what I did! ;)
Once again, this is why I have a style blog…and he doesn’t.*
*He sometimes hilariously pretends to have a style blog where he wears the same thing every week. Monday shirt and jeans. Tuesday shirt and jeans. You get the picture….
- On Target item: Merona Heeled Sandals (super similar (and under $30!))
- Lip Color: c/o Anthropologie (exact)
- Necklace: Forever21 (similar)
- Lace Tank: Ann Taylor Outlet (similar)
- Blazer: The Limited (exact)
- Purse: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Scarlet Starlet” (exact)
- Skirt: Loft (exact)