Gingham gets a bad rap sometimes. It’s not a country-bumpkin print or a print reserved only for Dorothy and picnic blankets to wear. It’s basically a plaid to wear for spring and summer (and sometimes I just buck all the rules and wear it in winter!).
I wanted to style this blouse up a different way than I would normally pick (white skirt, brown belt or bag), so I took a chance on a mix of black accessories and boyfriend jeans…and it turns out that I LOVE it! Kind of gingham meets the city, don’t you think?
Kudos me, another outstanding outfit that I don’t have hanging in my closet! ;)
- BP Black Wayfarer Sunglasses (only $12!)
- J.Crew Factory Red Gingham Top (also comes in blue)
- Target Black Tassel Statement Necklace
- J.Crew Factory Black Cardigan
- Sonia Kashuk Pink Lipstick
- Merona Black Wedge Sandals (also come in a taupe color)
- J.Crew Factory Boyfriend Jeans
- Merona Black/Brown Straw Tote (comes in several other colors)