You all seemed to enjoy my first Style Soulmates post (here if you missed it), so I’m making it a monthly feature! Lord knows that I have enough pretty pins on Pinterest (follow me here) to keep it going for approximately 50 years, so let’s put those pins to good use, huh? ;)
Today’s look was inspired by this look by Daphne from Mode and the City (here). She’s probably my favorite blogger ever (all the red and blue combos definitely help her campaign), and she has the world’s second cutest dog (mine wins because the judge is biased).
Daphne’s layering skills come fall/winter are absolutely amazing, but this summer look was a bit simpler for her, which is probably why it was so easy for me to recreate it! A basic white blouse, denim jacket, and polka dot shorts is really all you need to recreate this look, and then you just add in your favorite accessories based on your own personal style preferences!
These polka dots shorts are probably my favs to wear all summer because they’re light and flowy, so any outfit inspiration that gets them on my body is a win for me. But imagine if I had a similar pair in navy and red polka dot shorts…I’d never wear anything else! So thanks for making a casual summer outfit super easy, Daphne, by letting me steal this look (now if you could just send me your whole wardrobe…that would be great)!
- On Target item: Merona Red Orange Wedge Sandals (exact and on sale! – obviously I’m in love with these!)
- Hair Clip: Goody via Target (check your local store in the hair accessory aisle; similar)
- Lip Color: Covergirl (exact – in Soda)
- Denim Jacket: Merona, Target (exact)
- Blouse: Merona, Target (super similar)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Polish: “Scarlet Starlet” (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (similar)
- Shorts: Ann Taylor Outlet (similar options below)