About exactly 9 months ago, I styled this fall Madewell-lookalike outfit (see it here), and I’m back again with a summer edition.
Aka when you want to look like a cool girl, but don’t want to look like you TRIED to look like a cool girl. Exhausting just thinking about it, right?
My formula (why yes, it is super scientific and yes, I nearly won a math medal for it, thank you for asking) for looking like a “Madewell Girl” still remains the same:
Some kind of jean item + no patterns (unless they are stripes or plaid) + neutral colors + simple accessories = Madewell Girl material.
But once again, I’m not wearing a single piece from Madewell (nearly all Target pieces actually), which is why budget style is my favorite style. And if Madewell style isn’t your thing? You could easily do the same sort of thing with Ralph Lauren (plaid + navy + oxford shirt/polo + riding boots) or Anthropologie (anything floral print + a dress + flower crown) or whatever brand you wishfully lust over!
Ready, set, style!
- On Target item: Merona Gray Sleeveless Fit and Flare Dress (similar options below)
- Lip Color: Covergirl (exact – in Soda)
- Necklace: Target (exact – larger than I expected, but I still love it!)
- Denim Jacket: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Scarlet Starlet” (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (similar)
- Sandals: Merona, Target (exact)