I’m the nosiest person ever, so I love reading posts about what people carry in their purse or what products they use every day. It’s also great knowing what products are tried and true for other people before you go and spend your own money on them.
Soooooo, in the spirit of nosiness and knowledge, I thought today would be a good day to show you what’s in my makeup bag!
I don’t use all of these products every day, but they’re all staples in my makeup routine. Some I’ve been using for years, and others are new discoveries! So get your beauty blenders (I use this cheap option) and brushes ready, and let’s dive in!
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel – I am OBSESSED with this moisturizer. It’s been featured in my Favorite Favorites series (once or twice!), and I’m still in love. They recently came out with this version (instead of the past one in the jar), and it’s even better because of the added SPF-protection! I have combination-to-oily skin, and this stuff works for prepping your skin for makeup application!
- Maybelline Baby Skin Primer – This is probably the only product (besides maybe mascara) that I’m not really married to. It works, and I like the price (versus other primers), but it isn’t life changing!
- Physician’s Formula Concealer Twins – This is a fairly new discovery for me, and it is a game changer. I have the WORST dark circles (thanks genetics), and I had no idea until recently watching a makeup video that yellow makeup cancelled out dark circles! #makeupnewbie So the next time I was at Target, I picked up this duo, and I love it! You swipe on the yellow shade first, blend it, and then the concealer. It definitely helps tame my dark circles for a fresher look!
- Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick – Oh man. The next two items are not drugstore or wallet friendly, so sorry in advance, but you get what you pay for sometimes… I’ve only had this foundation for roughly two weeks, and I’m already convinced it is the BEST foundation I’ve ever tried. You control how you build the coverage, and no matter how much you put on it, your skin still feels like skin. It lasts all day too. Definitely money well spent.
- Nars Blush (in “Orgasm”) – Literally the WORST name for a blush, but the most flattering and pretty shade ever. I know it’s costly, but I got mine in a holiday bundle pack for a heck of a deal, and I’ve had it forever! However, I recently read that this blush (here) is a great dupe…for a mere $3!
- Maybelline Brow Drama Crayon – So easy to use and makes a big difference for the few seconds it takes me to swipe on!
- Covergirl Lash Exact – I’m not really picky when it comes to mascara. I have pretty decent lashes, so I just don’t want them to look clumpy (spider lashes are the WORST in my opinion). I’ve tried a bunch of different ones over the years, and this seems to be the most durable and natural looking.
- Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner – I don’t always wear eyeliner (so much work), but when I do, it’s
Dos Equisthis one. Perfect easy to draw the tiny lines that I prefer, but also great for a cat eye swipe for a night out!
- Katy Perry for Covergirl Matte Lipstick (in Cat Call) – The prettiest pink! It lasts for a decent amount of time (what a review, Katie!), but what I really like is that it does not dry your lips out like a normal matte lipstick!
- Sonia Kashuk Lip Stick (in Red Orange) – Honestly, I’ve tried probably 50+ red lipsticks in my life, and this is by far the winner for my coloring/skin tone. Now that I’ve said this….Sonia, don’t retire this shade…ever!
And that’s it! Nothing majorly dramatic or intense over here, since I’m definitely makeup-challenged (even though I LOVE buying and trying new products).
On that note…I’d love to hear what you guys using, trying, and are loving! Let me know in the comments!