Our first stop on this year’s Europe tour was London, mainly because the flights from the US to London was super affordable, but also because our beloved Colts were playing their first overseas football game.
They happened to lose (super sad), but we still were able to enjoy two days in one of my favorite cities! Two days seems a lot longer before you start to factor in jet lag and airport waiting time, but we still managed to see and do a lot!
Top Eight Things to Do in London (in the order we did them):
- Take In an NFL Game at Wembley Stadium – Okay, only if you are really, really obsessed with your team. It was a great experience to watch a super American sport in a foreign country. They don’t just wear jerseys of the two teams that are playing…they wear ALL the NFL jerseys ever. I even got an opportunity to explain one of the rules to some Londoners. Just another day of educating the world ;).
- Walk Along the Thames – There is really no better way to see London. There are endless sights to see in this historic city, so slip on some sneakers and pound that pavement. My favorite area to walk in London? Right along the river Thames, where you can see the London Eye, Big Ben, and all those bridges!
- Say Hi to Big Ben – My favorite landmark to see in London. And I never get sick of looking at it (I studied abroad in London and have been back two times since)! It just is so iconic and a part of a very important building (the Parliament Building). Fun fact, the name Big Ben refers to the large bell in the tower…which is actually called Elizabeth Tower (yes, after the queen).
- Pretend You Live in Buckingham Palace – 775 rooms? It’ll do, I suppose. ;)
- Visit One of the Top Museums – The Husband only got the chance to go to the British Museum (home of the Rosetta Stone) and some of the art museums the last time we were in London. So this go-around, we made some time to visit the Victoria and Albert Museum (which is honestly the BEST museum in London, in my opinion). The museum has 2.3 million objects in their permanent collection, and while you can’t possibly see them all, you can pick and choose what topics interest you (fashion and jewelry for me). And did I mention admission is COMPLETELY free?
- Ride the Tube – While walking might be the best way to see London, riding the Tube is a must! It’s so easy to figure out, and there are so many stops that you can really get anywhere in the city quite quickly. Just be sure to “mind the gap.” ;)
- Have a Drink in a Pub – Pick a pub, any pub! They’re all over, and sometimes, they have the best names! We happened to have a hotel right next to pub called The Fox and Anchor, so of course, I had to con The Husband to have lunch and a pint there. Win, win.
- Dine on Fish and Chips – Because while the food may be a little bland in London, at least it is iconic!
Our next stop (which probably won’t be posted until next week) was Lisbon! It was our first time in Portugal, so naturally, I have lots of photos to go through (#allofthetile!).
- On Target item: Merona Black/White Stripe Tee (exact style – new colors)
- Lip Color: Covergirl (exact – in maroon)
- Utility Jacket: Merona, Target (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (similar)
- Nail Polish: “Rock the Runway” (exact)
- Jeans: Loft (exact)
- Flats: Merona, Target (exact)