Another month, another style soulmates post! This time featuring a look from Carly from College Prepster!
When this photo came up again and again on my Pinterest feed, I just knew I had to copy it, plus I had all the right sartorial “ingredients”! ;) Everything about this outfit just screams fall! And I just love how the rich red looks with the navy vest, and they’re both tied together with the subtle colors of this flannel shirt.
Speaking of flannel shirts, I HIGHLY recommend this one from Uniqlo. Perfect for outdoor activities or snuggled up inside on your couch (as one does). Oh, and it is super soft, which is really what you’re after in a flannel shirt…softness and warmth! Flannel plaid shirts, the underdog of fall fashion.
So thanks to them (and Carly) for making this outfit happen!
ps. Yes, my skirt is short. No, I’m not apologizing! ;)
- On Target item: dv for Target Ankle Boots (exact)
- Sunglasses: Target (exact)
- Lip Color: Covergirl (exact – Red Revenge)
- Flannel Shirt: Uniqlo (exact, but their whole selection is great!)
- Vest: J.Crew Factory (exact)
- Watch: Timex (similar)
- Purse: vintage Coach (similar)
- Nail Polish: “Rock the Runway” (exact)
- Skirt: Loft (similar)