Ahhhh basics with a twist, aka some of my favorite pieces ever.
Because a plain black vest may be practical (it is!), but a black fleece fur vest serves the same purpose AND gives you some textural interest. Because that’s what basics with a twist do! They keep your closet working, but at the same keep you from getting too bored!
Some examples of my favorite ways to do basics with a twist: anything striped, quilted riding boots, and bold pops of color on classic pieces.
Just add some jeans to these five pieces, and you instantly have an outfit. Or wear them with other pieces from your closet to create a new look. Whatever you do, just don’t wear this look without the jeans. Unless, maybe if you’re Lady Gaga (and I’m suuurrrrrrre she reads this blog). ;)
- Joe Fresh Stripe Blanket Scarf
- Joe Fresh Black Fedora Hat
- Uniqlo Black Fleece Fur Vest (also comes in four other colors)
- H&M Rust Crew Sweater (also comes in a black version here)
- Merona Black Quilted Riding Boots