I was thinking the other day how great of a title “Checkmate” would be for a post that featured my new favorite coat, so here we are.
But then I also got to thinking about how hilarious it was that a game like chess (known as the thinking man’s game) had a battle cry of “Checkmate,” which for those of you who aren’t familiar with the game means that your opponent has no other moves to save their king (which ends the game).
No other game that I can think of has anything like this. It’s basically like someone shooting the final basket of a basketball game and yelling “Booyah.” Or a soccer player scoring a goal and saying “Na-na-na-na-boo-boo.”
So much for a noble game.
Just some food for thought for your Monday before Christmas break. Checkmate, y’all.
- On Target item: Merona Navy Ankle Boots (exact)
- Hat: emergency purchase in Prague (similar)
- Lip Color: Covergirl (exact – Red)
- Coat: J.Crew (exact)
- Sweater: Charter Club, Macy’s (exact)
- Necklace: Charming Charlie (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (exact via Etsy; similar)
- Nail Polish: “Bare Dare” (exact) + Essie “Hors D’oeuvres” (exact)
- Jeans: Loft (exact)