After last month’s imposter budget (tons of green, etc. – here if you missed it), I’m back to the traditional color palette of Style On Target. Good old red, navy, and neutrals!
Though every single item does come from the Crew (aka J.Crew and J.Crew Factory), so maybe I am still an imposter?! Target’s spring collection (minus the shoes) just isn’t really doing it for me this time around!
And after all of that stream of consciousness…this might be my favorite budget post ever. What can I say? I know what I like, and I like what I know!
Check out April’s budget below to see the damage:
April 2017 Budget
+ J.Crew Factory Red/White Stripe Skirt (here – also comes in navy/white)
+ J.Crew Navy Sailboat Tee (here)
+ J.Crew Navy Eyelet Shirt Dress (here – also comes in green and white)
+ J.Crew Factory Pom-Pom Flats (here)
+ J.Crew Gingham Print Skirt (here)
And what a beauty this round-up will be! The five items budget is still going strong! Just a reminder, basic and thrifted items do not count towards the budget and accessories (that aren’t shoes or purses) also don’t count.
Let’s break it down, shall we?!
- I already have a navy/white striped skirt, so it was only fitting that I acquire a red/white option as well. This striped skirt (here) is from J.Crew Factory and is quite the item for being from the Factory brand! It has a lining and pockets (yes!), and just really feels like a substantial piece! Highly recommended…and I’ll be wearing it all spring and summer long!
- This J.Crew sailboat tee is the most perfect graphic tee ever. I ordered it because it had a million great reviews online and paired perfectly with my J.Crew gingham skirt (more on that piece later). And I kept because it is the most comfortable t-shirt ever. Pinky promise. It’s selling out fast, so if you’re a nautical fan like me…see if you can get your hands on it! It does run a smidge big, so you might be able to size down (I took my normal J.Crew size, but I hate too tight tees)!
- This navy J.Crew eyelet dress is a gem! Funny story about the purchase of this dress. The Husband and I walked to Chipotle one Saturday, and I was browsing the J.Crew sale items while he was ordering our food. I saw this brand new dress placed in the sale section….and was an extra 40% off! Whaaaaaaaat?! So it was originally $148, but marked down to $54 after the sale pricing. So yes, I ordered all three colors and kept the navy one. Sorry to whomever made that mistake at J.Crew, but I definitely benefitted! The dress again has pockets and a sewed-in lining, which is oh-so-genius. The green and white ones didn’t fit me as well as the navy, plus we all know how much homegirl loves her navy.
- These J.Crew Factory pom-pom flats. Ridiculously cute and unreasonably impractical? That’s my life motto! ;) Based on that, these shoes HAD to be mine. They’ll be fun for work with black pants and fun for dressing up a little black dress (or paired with a striped one!)
- And lastly, this pretty pretty pretty gingham skirt from J.Crew! Favorite piece of the whole month (and probably of the year), and I plan on wearing it ALL. THE. TIME. I mean, you’ve already seen it twice this month (here and here), so I can’t say enough good things about this one.
Picked up these sunglasses that I am obsessed with (classic tortoise shell with a gray twist) and this super pretty Loft necklace (here). Mine is actually the version before this one that had light glitter on one side and dark glitter on the other, but this one is equally pretty!
Things That Didn’t End Up Working
+ Completely forgot to track this this month…whoops!
As for next month, I’m still searching for a perfect white dress to wear this summer, and I may end up splurging on something during our Ireland trip (new fisherman sweater?!). And maybe this pair of espadrilles (here). But other than that, I’m hoping to see some better Target pieces and everyone else’s summer line!