Quick pop quiz time…
Guess what’s up in this month’s budget? A.) Stripes, B.) Polka Dots, C.) Blue + white, or D.) All of the Above.
If you selected D.) All of the Above, you have successfully passed this month’s budget quiz. A+’s all around, I’m sure. ;)
Check out May’s budget below to see the damage:
May 2017 Budget
+ J.Crew Factory Navy/White Polka Dot Twinset (cardigan here and sweater shell here)
+ J.Crew Factory Multi-Colored Stripe Sweater (here)
+ J.Crew Factory Blue/White Stripe Skirt (here – with pockets!)
+ Loft Black/White Gingham Shorts (here)
+ J.Crew Factory White Clip-Dot Skirt (here – also with pockets!)
+ J.Crew Factory White Denim Jacket (here)
+ SugarFix by BaubleBar Black/White Drop Earrings (here)
+ Fossil Hybrid Q Watch (here – love it so far)
+ J.Crew Cap-Toe Ballet Flats (via Poshmark – similar)
The five items budget is still going strong! Just a reminder, basic and thrifted items do not count towards the budget and accessories (that aren’t shoes or purses) also don’t count.
Let’s break it down, shall we?!
- This twinset from J.Crew Factory is AH-MAZING (cardigan here and sweater shell here). It’s great quality for a “factory” piece, and I love how the patterns aren’t identical, but still go together (you know what I’m trying to say?). I wore the two pieces together to work last week and got a ton of compliments on it. The best part is you can wear them together with different bottom pieces or separately to create new looks! I can’t wait to wear these two again and again!
- This J.Crew Factory multi-colored sweater is the sweater I was looking for most of fall/winter, but it’s okay…because it is here now. And it is light enough to wear in the spring/fall on its own and layered up in the winter. Highly recommend this beauty!
- This blue/white striped J.Crew Factory skirt is a gem! I almost sent it back, though, because I have so many striped skirts (okay, items in general), but then it was on super sale during the Memorial Day sales that I got a price adjustment…and it was only $25! And yes, it has pockets and will look equally great with graphic tees and sandals and button-downs and heels for work.
- These Loft gingham shorts. Ridiculously cute and perfect for summer. I am incredibly picky about shorts, and these beauties not only fit great, but they’ve got that oh so perfect pattern working for them. Done and done.
- And lastly, this pretty pretty pretty white skirt from J.Crew Factory! It’s hard to find a white skirt that isn’t insanely short and isn’t see through, but this one fits the bill. And yes, it has pockets! Swoon.
Things That Didn’t End Up Working
+ J.Crew Factory Sweater Tank – so bulky, so short, so…ick.
+ Soludos Giraffe Espadrilles – I don’t know why Soludos continue to look SO not right on me…maybe it is just my giant feet. Sigh.
+ J.Crew Straw Circle Bag – I SO wanted to love this bag, because I’ve wanted a circle straw/wicker bag alllll spring, but when your design team doesn’t consider the iPhone 7+ fitting into your purse…you know you need to rethink some things.
Next month is my favorite budget month…aka my birthday month where no budget rules apply, and I try to buy alllllll the things.
Which really might just mean waiting for all my Memorial Day orders to come in….because those sales were GOOD, and I did some damage. No specific needs/wants for next month, but I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes open! ;)