CUT. IT. OUT.
In true Joey Gladstone fashion.
Speaking of, has anyone watched the new Fuller House reboot on Amazon? I know I am like a million weeks behind, but I just can’t bring myself to do it! #dontruinmychildhood
But a cut that I can get behind? Cutouts.
Correction…subtle cutouts. Not the ones that show extreme amounts of skin in places that extreme amounts of skin probably shouldn’t be seen. But subtle cutouts (especially in shoes and accessories) are an easy way to add texture and interest to your look.
You got it, dude?
- Sole Society Black Cutout Heels
- Mossimo Tie Shirt Dress (comes in three other colors)
- Sole Society Lasercut Saddle Bag Purse (comes in cognac brown too)
- Liz Claiborne White Cutout Top
- Fossil Silver Belt and Fossil Cognac Belt
- Gabriella Rocha Black Cutout Tote Purse
- Target Strappy Open Ankle Boots (these come in black too)
- ASOS White Cutout Watch (perfect for spring!)
Here in the Midwest, we only really get the option of wearing springtime jackets for a short period of time. It seems like it is only a few weeks of spring and then BOOM, it’s too warm to wear a jacket at all. Le sigh!
But for those few weeks, you definitely need a layer in the morning and the night, so I’ve rounded up seven affordable spring jacket options and one that you’re probably going to want to wait for a sale code for, but it is one of my favorite jackets (perfect for traveling, example here). Check them out below!
Which one is your favorite or do you have another favorite spring jacket recommendation?
ps. I also love the bright rain jackets (especially the yellow), because if it is rainy and gross, you might as well be sunny and cute!
- Old Navy Canvas Field Jacket
- Uniqlo Beige Classic Trench Coat
- Merona Yellow Rain Jacket (comes in 4 other colors)
- J.Crew Field Jacket (comes in 4 other colors including a new canvas color!)
- The Limited Navy/White Stripe Trench Coat
- Old Navy Denim Jacket
- Coffee Shop Navy Rain Jacket
- Uniqlo Red Short Coat (comes in 4 other colors too)
Ahhhhh, espadrille envy.
The envy that comes from all the other shoes that don’t get worn enough come spring and summer time. Espadrilles are in my opinion, one of the greatest warm weather shoes ever.
– They come in a greater variety of colors/patterns than plain, old sandals or flip flops.
– They’re traditionally flat (unless you’re buying these beauties from J.Crew Factory), so perfect for walks to get ice cream or casual bike rides.
– They cover your whole foot so you don’t have to worry about updating (or not updating) your pedicure.
– And my number one reason for espadrilles? They’re super affordable! The ones I have listed here are all $25 or less!
So what are you waiting for? Bring some espadrille envy to your closet (it’ll make your other shoes appreciate you more, I promise), by checking out these options below.
- Merona Black Lace Espadrilles (also come in red and yellow)
- dv Navy/White Patterned Espadrilles (also comes in a black print)
- Mossimo Silver Espadrilles (also comes in black)
- Merona White Cap Toe Espadrilles
- Merona Perforated Cap Toe Espadrilles
- dv Multicolored Tribal Print Espadrilles
- dv Gold Espadrilles (also comes in silver)
- Merona Denim Espadrilles
Mustard, sunshine, marigold, lemon, daffodil, and canary.
All shades of beautiful and bright yellow! While I don’t think yellow is the easiest color to pull off…I still love it, because of that very reason!
Many people shy away from yellow, but it makes for such a great pop of color that it’s worth the risk! The Loft cardigan model shows you how to do it (get it, girl) by pairing it with neutrals, and it is always a safe bet to pair yellow with navy and most other blues! But don’t let me stop you there!
So let’s take a chance and let’s say “hello” yellow! Have a look at these yellow lovelies!
- Old Navy Yellow Print Cami Dress (so many other pretty prints too!)
- LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Rain Boots
- Xhilaration Yellow Crochet Top
- Merona Yellow Stripe Weekender Bag
- Merona Yellow Stripe Wallet and Merona Floral Print Wallet
- Sam & Libby Yellow Slide Sandals
- Merona Yellow Eyelet Ankle Pants (so cheerful!)
- Loft Yellow Signature Cardigan (this comes in so many colors now!)