So I was originally set out to make this post all about nautical items, but then it ended up being filled with stripes. Whoops. And sure, stripes are nautical, but they’re more than just that. They’re also tied with plaid on being the most classic print ever.
And coincidentally (or maybe not, since I’m the one that makes these posts and declares them to be on trend items), stripes are my favorite print! They were invited to my wedding, and the previous owners of our current house had the dining room wallpapered in green stripes (fate, I tell you). You could say that it’s a long term kind of love.
So, I’m also always on the lookout for some more stripes to add to my closet. You’ll later find me on that TV show Hoarders, I’m sure, but until then…here are 8 striped picks that I’m loving right now!
- Merona Navy/White Stripe Scarf
- Loft Navy/White Stripe Sailor Sweater
- Merona Stripe/Tan Wedge Sandal (for $25…yes please!)
- Merona Black/White Stripe Crossbody Purse (I own this, and they keep bringing it back!)
- Old Navy Navy/White Stripe Blazer
- Merona Red/White Stripe Boatneck Tee
- Sole Society Black/White Stripe Heels
- Uniqlo Navy/White Stripe Cardigan (love this!)
I did this On Trend post last year, and I’m back with some colorful purses again, because it was so fun and colorful!
Wouldn’t it be super cool to have a rainbow of crossbody purses? A.) It would look so pretty hanging in your closet (good morning, rainbow purses!), and B.) You would never have a problem matching one to an outfit. Sure neutrals are fine, but they’re not fun, you know?
The new spring lines are slowly leaking out in stores and on Target.com, so be sure to grab one (or two or three) of these great new bags. I’ve got my eye on several of the above options!
- Merona Pink Buckle Crossbody Purse (comes in lots of other colors too!)
- Merona Red Crossbody Purse
- Merona Orange Mini Satchel Crossbody Purse
- Merona Yellow Mini Satchel Crossbody Purse
- Merona Green Large Dome Satchel Crossbody Purse (also comes in a mini version here)
- Merona Aqua Bucket Bag Crossbody Purse
- Merona Blue Saddle Bag Crossbody Purse
- Merona Lilac Purple Buckle Crossbody Purse (comes in lots of other colors too!)
I spend a lot of time here on Style on Target chatting up my favorite color blue, but I feel that my second favorite color (red) gets no love…until today! Which is timely since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!
Lots of awesome things are red: roses, strawberries, wine, pizza sauce, hearts, tulips, apples, and the logo of my favorite store (Target…duh!).
So in honor of all those great things, I’ve rounded up my current red favorites so we can all be red hot during the rest of winter!
- Target Classic Rain Boots (under $50 – these comes in several other colors too!)
- Merona Red Buckle Crossbody Purse (comes in four other colors)
- Old Navy Red Stitch Sweater (four other colors available)
- Caslon Red/White Stripe Tee
- Sam & Libby Red Tassel Necklace
- Timex Red Leather Band Watch (waaaaaaaannnnt!)
- Merona Red Suede Pointed Flats
- Tommy Hilfiger Belted A-Line Skirt
We’re just two weeks away from the holiday that you either love or hate depending on your relationship status, how you feel about commercialized holidays, and whether you like chocolate or not! ;)
I’m pretty “meh” about Valentine’s Day as an adult (even though I love my valentine, aka The Husband, an TON), but I do like an excuse to shower him with love and enjoy some street tacos together. Growing up, my parents always made the day special for me. One year my dad brought me a bouquet of flowers (so sweet), and another year, my mom bought me this giant, super soft zebra print blanket that I still have.
But really I just like an excuse to wear red and hearts (no pink for me though)! So to make sure that we’re all ready to don our hearted apparel in whatever activities we’re participating in this year (date night, Galentine’s Day parties, hanging out with your cat/dog on the couch… been there, done all of them!), I’ve rounded up some perfectly festive pieces for your Valentine’s Day! And in the loving spirit of the holiday, I’ve included pink items on Style On Target. ;)
I’m also curious how you all feel about Valentine’s Day…love it or loath it? Let me know in the comments!
ps. If you’re a cat lover…or in need of a present for a cat lover, you have to check out these socks! Too cute!
pps. This lip print cardigan just came in and is super cute and festive!
- Sole Society Red Strappy Pumps
- BP Heart Shaped Sunglasses (under $15!)
- Target Cozy Socks in Red Hearts (here) and Pink Hearts (here)
- Talbots Red/White Polka Dot Blouse
- Target “LOVE” Ring Set (so cute!)
- Old Navy Pink Print Scarf (also comes in a blue print)
- Merona Pink Buckle Crossbody Purse (also comes in a ton of other colors)
- Old Navy Pink Sneakers (these come in four other colors)
Is it a little too early to start thinking about spring?
The answer is NEVER, especially when you live in the Midwest! Or if you’re like me and you’re headed on a beach/warmer weather vacation in two weeks! Target’s spring accessories collection is KILLING it, and it was hard to narrow it down to only 8 picks, so I’ll be sure to feature some later on on the blog…
…But you already knew that right? I mean this is Style On Target after all!
ps. I’d definitely make it a point to scoop up the stripe items as soon as you can, because they tend to fly off the shelves in past seasons!
- Merona Black Band Fedora Hat
- Merona Stripe Small Tote Crossbody Purse
- Merona Silk Floral Print Scarf (perfect for you vintage lovers!)
- Merona Chambray Tote Purse
- Merona Chambray Stripe Tote Purse (loooove this one!)
- Merona Light Blue Scarf (comes in various other colors here)
- Merona Black Checkered Straw Floppy Hat
- Merona Jacquard Blue/Yellow Print Clutch