Peter Piper picked a pair of patterned pants.
Well actually, it was me, not Peter, but patterned pants are definitely what we’re discussing in today’s On Trend post.
You can’t really beat the ease of a patterned pant. Instant interest in one piece! For a super easy outfit, I like to pair mine with a solid color sweater and a neutral pair of shoes (and top it all off with a scarf or necklace), but there are a million different ways to wear them!
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite patterned pants that are fun and fresh without being IN YOUR FACE about the fact that they are patterned!
Now if you will excuse me, I’m off to order the navy polka dot pair! ;)
- Old Navy Black/White Floral Dot Print Pants
- Old Navy Navy/White Stripe Pants
- Old Navy Houndstooth Print Pants
- Old Navy Black/White Grid Print Pants
- Old Navy Leopard Print Pants
- Old Navy Gray Polka Dot Print Pants
- Xhilaration Black/White Print Pants
- Tommy Hilfiger Jacquard Navy Dotted Pants
A new year means a new start, and if you’re one who is know to run late, it might be a good time (pun intended) to turn over a new leaf and commit to making it on time.
Or maybe you just want to add a timeless accessory to your arsenal?
Watches can help with both of those things!
The Husband actually complimented my watch collection the other day, since I recently added two members (the polka dot and map watches below) and can actually call it a collection! I mostly swear by Target and Timex watches, because they’re affordable (especially when you can snag them on sale), classic AND unique at the same time, durable, and most importantly….reliable!
So guess what time it is? Time to check out the watches below (all $80 or under)!
ps. Yes, I know that was a Dad joke. No, I’m not sorry. ;)
- Timex Black Pave Glitz Watch
- Xhilaration Map Watch
- Timex Gold Mesh Watch
- Timex Plaid Watch
- Timex Tortoiseshell Watch
- Mossimo Gold/Black Oversized Watch
- Timex Blue/White Polka Dot Watch (the band is reversible!)
- Timex Gray-Out Easy Reader Watch
I love a whole bunch of patterns (what can I say…I’m just not a solid kind of girl), but my favorite print this winter has definitely been buffalo plaid/check.
I love the mix of the traditional red/black color combination, but I also love the other color combinations as well. This article from Tartan Authority has a great and detailed history of the pattern (you know…if you’re interested), but my number one takeaway was that this pattern has been around for over 150 years (and hopefully is no longer made with spirit blood…read the article if you’re confused)!
Let’s just say I’ve got a lot of catching up to do in terms of my buffalo plaid wearing, so grab a favorite items below and call me Paul Bunyan! ;)
- J.Crew Factory Buffalo Plaid Loafers (looooove)
- Mossimo Supply Co. Buffalo Plaid Print Cardigan (comes in two other patterns too)
- Vera Bradley Buffalo Plaid Wallet (I tried to convince my mom that I needed this on a trip to Macy’s!)
- Madden Girl Buffalo Plaid Winter Coat (another similar option here)
- Merona Buffalo Plaid Oversized Scarf
- Aeropostale Buffalo Plaid Fuzzy Socks
- Arizona Buffalo Plaid Open Cardigan
- Talbots Buffalo Plaid Fold-Over Clutch and Talbots Buffalo Plaid Crossbody Purse
As 2015 comes to a close, Pantone has once again announced their Color of the Year….but this time around, it was actually TWO different colors!
The Colors of 2016 are Rose Quartz and Serenity! The official press release has described Rose Quartz as “a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure.” Serenity, meanwhile, is “weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, bringing feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times.”
Together the colors are suppose to bring a sense of calm and relaxation. They pair easily with other mid-tones: greens, purples, rich browns, yellow, and other shades of pink.
This is biggish news in the news of style, as these colors can be seen on the runways and the red carpet, which has a trickle down effect into retail stores (you all know the cobalt blue scene from The Devil Wears Prada). Past Colors of the Year have included Marsala (2015 – see that post here), Radiant Orchid (2014 – see that post here), Emerald (2013), Mimosa (2009), and Tiger Lily (2004).
I’m much more on board with Serenity as a color than Rose Quartz (#notapinkfan), but I’ve featured just as many of both colors below. I already miss you, Marsala!
Check out how you can get a jump on 2016’s Colors!
- Merona Pink/Blue Stripe Boatneck Tee (comes in several other colors)
- Mossimo Pink/Silver Watch
- Target Gold/Pink Statement Necklace
- Merona Rose Pink Buckle Crossbody Purse
- Merona Sky Blue Buckle Crossbody Purse
- Muk Luks Blue Pom Pom Beanie Hat
- Mossimo Supply Co. Blue Perforated Loafers
- Mossimo Supply Co. Blue Cable Knit Sweater
*Read more from the official press release from Pantone here!
Last week we touched on silver (that post here if you missed it), and this week in the On Trend post, we’re turning our attention to gold!
Again, it’s really to get overwhelmed with metallics, because they are such statement pieces, so I kept these picks to mostly accessories to help add a little shine and to keep you from looking like that villain from the Austin Powers movie (here if you need some help remembering). Because NOBODY wants to be that guy! ;)
It could be a simple as adding a gold belt to a black dress and grabbing a clutch on your way out the door or slipping on some gold flats to add some shine to your sweater and jeans outfit combination. Whatever you do, shine on this holiday season!
- BC Footwear Gold D’Orsay Flats (these also come in black)
- Merona Gold Shimmer Cardigan
- Style&Co. Gold/White Watch
- Merona Gold Leather Tassel Clutch
- Merona Gold Glitter Wallet
- Talbots Gold Glitter Belt (comes in other glitter color options)
- Merona Gold Bow Satchel Purse
- Target Gold/Silver Layered Statement Necklace