Here is a comfy, cozy post Thanksgiving look for you. I’m finally allowing myself to get into the Christmas spirit now that Thanksgiving has come and had its day. I got to enjoy the day with The Fiance’s side of the family, but missed my side just a bit. Sharing is so overrated. Just kidding.
Now about this outfit. So much texture! So much pizzazz with the sparkles and the color of these jeans (The Fiance has been calling me Red Pants all morning)! I’m loving this look mainly because it is so warm and comfortable, but still very styling, in my personal opinion. Can you believe that this is a sweatshirt? It is so soft inside…and it has sequins sewed into little polka dot clusters. Love. Love. Love.
I’m ready to cozy up on the couch and do some online shopping. Because you can never have enough sweaters, right? Right?
- On Target item: Mossimo Ankle Boots (old, similar)
- Scarf: Old Navy (exact)
- Sweatshirt: Old Navy (exact)
- Red jeans: thrifted
This year I am thankful for…
- The Fiance who loves me through the ups and downs of our relationship, eats all the leftovers so I don’t have to, and gives the best hugs.
- Parents who love me even though I am spending Thanksgiving with my “new” family.
- A younger brother who lives the farthest away he has ever lived from me, but whom has never been a closer friend and confidant.
- Friends who are there and present and who know how to make a fool of themselves.
- A puppy who is healthy and very happy, especially when his favorite toy is being thrown for him.
- Readers like you!
- And a long list of other things that I could list for hours, because I am blessed!
Happy Thanksgiving all, to you and yours!
*Another feature that I am going to start on the blog is Target Hauls. Basically, I love to read when other people go and buy stuff, so I thought some of you might be interested to see the latest and greatest finds that I have gotten from Target.
You guys, I think I might need an intervention. This is my third haul post this month, and trust me, I have been several other times and bought several other things prior to posting them on the blog. Maybe admitting this will help curb my spending? I highly doubt it. I’m thinking of doing a no-spend December. I might keep thinking. Hah!
Anyways, these bad boys were on sale (40% off sweaters going on at Target right now), and I couldn’t help myself. I love sweaters (the warmth, the feel, the look), and they’re so practical for me right now with winter coming up and my office building being an icebox 365 days out of the year.
- A few posts ago, I mentioned looking for a long black cardigan, since that would be a classic, practical staple. This black and white open cardigan is long…and so not a staple, but I love the fit and the newly discounted price, so I had to have it, while I wait to find the perfect long black cardi.
- This is the second fair isle style sweater I have bought from Target this year (also have this red one). There is no reason for this. I just love the style, and I like how classic this one is, but with this fun color combination.
What sweaters do you want from the 40% off sale? How do you stop yourself from wanting them all (asking for a friend…no, really)?
I love Pinterest and have an unhealthy addiction to it. I find myself pinning and viewing pins for hours. Hours, guys. I find myself pinning a bunch of outfits combinations that I love, but I have a board of 289 pins currently! I need to start making this work for me. So, yet, another new feature for the blog: Copycat! I will try to recreate these stunning outfits using my closet, and each one will, per usual, utilize at least one item from Target. I’ll try to have one of these per week.
So check out my first attempt above for work today (jeans all week thanks to the holiday!). I changed the colors from black and white to blue and white to work with the items that I actually have. I think it turned out pretty well, though I am coveting her boots still!
Do you have a fashion Pinterest board, and if so, have you ever tried to replicate the outfits?
p.s. I really have to wear different shoes tomorrow. This is like 4 days in a row!
- On Target item: Merona Sweatshirt (from Spring 2013)
- Shirt: Cherokee, Target (boys dept., old)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target Jeans, (got mine in August, in stores)
- Necklace: thrifted
- Shoes: Old Navy (here)
Who snagged a cardigan from the little girls department of Target to be like everyone else on Instagram? This girl.
I am so glad that I did too. It is so warm and so cozy, and I might be a little bit biased, but it DOES NOT look like a little girls cardigan. It definitely is long enough – shockingly long enough in the sleeves too. Just a good reminder that great things can be found in unexpected place.
You can’t go wrong with such a classic print. There is this great pin going around Pinterest that is from Jenna Lyons, president and creative director of J.Crew. It says, “As far as I am concerned, leopard is a neutral.”
I’m with you, Jenna. 100%.
- On Target item: Cherokee cardigan (on sale now -40% off – check the little girls dept.!)
- Tee: Merona, Target
- Denizen Jeans, (got mine in August, in stores)
- Shoes: Old Navy (here)