This month in “Can Katie Style It?” – aka the 3 Ways to Wear series – we’re taking on a piece that I’m considering adding to my own closet…a pair of floral shorts. Specifically, these ridiculously cute J.Crew floral shorts with tie belt (here)!
Do I only want these because Nicole has them (here for how she first styled them) and I want to be as cool and cute as her? Yes…absolutely. So I stole her shorts…and her stripe-mixing skillz (yes, with a z) for this post.
Call it swiping her style…call it inspiration, just don’t call me too late to order these shorts from J.Crew with my reward points. ;)
Ready, set, remix!
*Disclaimer: Only wear shorts to work if your office allows it. Mine doesn’t, so this is a nod to less conservative offices…
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Where oh where have these striped wedge sandals been all my life?
- Blogger love of the week: Dear Ashley, can I please borrow this whole outfit…and then I’m going to need a trip to Italy to go with it too! ;)
- If you’re like me and looooove peonies…you should probably buy this faux floral arrangement so that you can enjoy them all year long.
- Two words that are sure to get your attention….gingham shirtdress. Yes, please!
- Someone get me a bucket of popcorn (and let’s be honest…probably some tissues), this looks like the cutest movie ever. And everyone needs a daily reminder to be kinder, right….let this be today’s reminder!
- This little white eyelet scarf is the perfect, simple topper for all your summer looks. Easy and breezy.
- More cuteness right here…elephants rushing to meet another elephant! How welcoming and sweet!
- My new favorite coffee travel tumbler (and others like it) are on super duper sale. Score them while you can, they’re GREAT at keeping beverages warm and are so cute!
- I saw this video last week scrolling through Facebook and had to share, because it’s basically pure joy! This girl and her passion for ventriloquy are so cute, I almost cried during it, and I hope she wins the whole thing!
- Major heart eyes for these patterned espadrilles that are under $50 and oh so cute! Now, I could only narrow down what pattern I want!
Happy (floral) Memorial Day! Hope you all enjoy your day off, eat something off the grill, and most importantly, be sure to remember those servicemen and servicewoman who have lost their lives and thank a serviceman or servicewoman if you see one today!
And after you do all of that, be sure to check out the following sales to take advantage of some amazing Memorial Day weekend sales!
ps. You knew I wouldn’t let a patriotic holiday pass without some more red, white, and blue outfit combinations, right? You know me so well! Plus, you can wear the dress like this today and throw on the blazer and some heels tomorrow for work! Presto, change-o! ;)
pps. That. Sun. Flare. Though! (and no, I couldn’t recreate it again if I tried….)