Wednesday is the technically the first official day of summer, even though Indiana has already had many days over 90 degrees already (hello global warming)! I’m ready for porch sitting, pool swimming, sunglasses wearing, watermelon eating, and all of these summer items below.
But specifically that navy eyelet dress…which has been my favorite piece this summer!
Top Twelve Things On My Summer Wishlist for 2017:
- New Summer Hat – I’ve had my old standby for years now, and it might be time to replace it with a new model. A classic fedora is always a great option!
- White Sleeveless Blouse – I’ve been looking for something just like this to wear under blazers at work and with skirts on the weekend. Simple pieces like this help me beat the summer heat/air-conditioning battle!
- Neutral Braided Belt – Light and bright and perfect for cinching in all the summer dresses without weighing you down! And this one is ridiculously affordable!
- Eyelet Shirt Dress – This was my birthday dress for 2017. It’s navy (comes in two other colors), has pockets, and is soooooooo pretty. Check, check, and check.
- Embroidered Tee – Print-mixing without even lifting a finger…and can’t beat that color combo.
- Tan Espadrille Wedges – I bought these in navy last year, so when I found a pair on Poshmark in my size for under $20, I scooped them up! They’re actually ridiculously comfortable for heels, and I love how they go with everything and anything and look a bit more sophisticated than flip flops (not that there is anything wrong with those!)!
- Patterned Shorts – I’m not the biggest shorts fan (strong thighs for days, y’all), but you can’t survive on skirts and dresses all summer long, so I’ve been looking for some new shorts. And these paisley ones are prrrreeeetttty!
- Black Sandals – This one is simple enough. I have a favorite pair of cognac brown sandals that are so comfy, and I wear them ALLLL the time. So basically I need a black-colored version to be all those things too. You know, for variety! ;)
- White Denim Skirt – This is another one of those pieces that I have in another color (aka regular blue denim) and wear to death, so I know I would get a lot of use of another one in another versatile color. Or you know, just spill a ton of coffee on! ;)
- Blush Sunglasses – No I don’t know what is wrong with me either…but I just think these are the prettiest pair of sunglasses ever! And I think they look especially pretty with all these summer pieces!
- Straw Purse/Clutch – I have this clutch already from J.Crew and love it, but I’m in search of a circle straw/rattan purse, because I’m loving that summer trend right now (I’ve got my eye on this one)! The ideal way to finish off your summer outfit!
- Statement Earrings – Move over, statement necklaces. Statement earrings are making their move for top jewelry trend this season. There are so many good ones out there right now, but these are my favs. I bought the similar pair (here) from the SugarFix line at Target, but these are the original beauties!
Doesn’t everything look so pretty together? Blue, white, and neutrals for life, my friends!
What are you putting on your summer wishlist? Did I miss anything on mine that you have on yours?
It gets a little monotonous on this blog sometimes with all the navy, stripes, and J.Crew-inspired items/looks. I know. You know. And it’s okay. I definitely have my favorite silhouettes and styles that I gravitate to (my motto is apparently, if it’s navy…grab it before it crawls away).
But sometimes, I feel like that might get boring or predictable for you as a reader, so I wanted to shake it up (a tiny bit) today with featuring a retailer that I don’t normally wear, but love love love to walk through their store/displays…aka Madewell.
There’s something inspiring about looks that basically just consist of a tee and shorts, but still are “elevated” (whatever that means, right?). Basics that aren’t basic, you know? And no one does unbasic basics and summer styles quite like Madewell.
Easy, breezy, and only a tiny bit of navy in sight…here are my top 24 picks from Madewell this season. ;)
ps. Vacation clutch here…that makes me want to take a permanent vacation.
Whelp, spoiler alert…turns out when it rains and/or blows huge wind gusts for a solid seven days (before you’re set to go on vacation too…sigh), you run out of outfit posts for your little blog. Thanks, Indiana.
So forgive me while I get creative on the posts for the next week or so…hopefully Mother Nature will end her spring tantrum, and I can go back to awkwardly taking pictures of myself outside! The city of Indianapolis will welcome me back with open arms, I’m sure. ;)
Until then…enjoy these 11 accessories I’m currently loving. Because instead of raining cats and dogs, it should be raining statement earrings and neck scarves (can you even imagine?)!
1. Merona Rose Gold Mesh Band Watch | 2. BaubleBar Pearl Drop Earrings (want!) | 3. BaubleBar Blue Tassel Drop Earrings | 4. Madewell Stripe Baseball Cap (under $30!) | 5. Sole Society Floral Print Neck Scarf | 6. Madewell Cream Sunglasses | 7. Madewell Black Canvas Transport Tote (also comes in cream – under $60!) | 8. J.Crew Tassel Charm Bracelet | 9. Soludos Giraffe Espadrilles | 10. Merona Red Tassel Clutch (I bought this in navy this week!) | 11. Madewell Red Gingham Scarf
You guys. J.Crew Factory is in it to win it right now.
And by win it, I mean the spring shopping season, because their stuff is GOOD right now. Classic patterns and prints (plus some with a fun twist), great colors (cough – red, blue, and white – cough), and beyond affordable prices.
While I’m making heart eyes at allllll the items below, I can personally vouch for the red striped skirt (here – and yes, it has pockets) and the new gingham short-sleeve popover top (here). They’re about as good as you can get for under $50!
I’ve rounded up 24 of my favorite items below that would look right at home in my closet….which means that J.Crew Factory should really go ahead and send them to me.
I promise to take care of them, and I’m sure my veterinarian would give me a good referral! ;)
Well hellllloooooo there, spring. So good to see you!
The spring weather may have been GREAT this weekend, but the spring styles and prices in today’s sale MIGHT be better! Because apparently the Gap family of brands (Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic) are throwing out the rules and doing a sale that they’ve never done before. Aka 40% off everything with no exclusions!
That means Pixie pants (here) are included in the sale…which never happens. That also mean Gap jeans (here) are included in the sale…which also NEVER EVER happens! Oh…and everything else! And you have under 24 hours to take advantage…and if the sale wasn’t good enough already, you get free 2-day shipping too. Just use the code SPRING when you go to checkout, and tell ’em Style On Target sent you!
Just kidding on that last part, but the code will work!. ;)
Since Old Navy and Gap are in my normal price points, I’ve picked my favorite current pieces from each place and laid them out for you below, but don’t forget that the sale includes Banana Republic too!
First up is Old Navy, who really is just KILLING it lately. I ordered a few pairs of Pixie pants for work, these leopard print pumps (here – just to check the quality), and this super pretty dress (here) that I plan to live in this spring/summer. Check out the rest of my favorites below!
Old Navy Top Picks
And while I haven’t shopped at Gap lately, I love their recent turnaround in style. It’s almost like Old Navy is trying to appeal to the fun J.Crew lovers, while Gap is tackling the Madewell crowd. As for me, I’m into both style genres, so bring it on!
Gap Top Picks