Holy moly, this weekend has been jam-packed! Lots of activity yesterday (chicken minis, wedding dress shopping, lunch, more shopping, dinner, and Gravity) and more today! My parents came down for a picnic with my dad’s parents and sister, and The Fiance and I joined them for a little family fun. It was a gorgeous fall day (though chilly at times), so I am glad I had my “tough guy” motorcycle/bomber-style jacket to keep me warm. I wanted an outfit that I could run around in and not be worried about sitting like a lady, since we did a lot of laughing, playing with the dog, hiking and wading in some streams, and eating.
Pretty great day, and now I am going to go enjoy some football to finish out this Sunday.
- On Target item: Xhilration Jacket, (old, similar)
- Shirt: JCPenney, thrifted
- Jeans: Old Navy (old, similar)
- Shoes: Sperrys (old…and still wet from wading!)
Short hiatus from the blog, but I have been inspired to start again by my two best friends. Nothing like friends around to encourage you to pursue your interests right?
Speaking of best friends, one of mine, B, is getting married in July 2014, and I was given the honor to go wedding dress shopping with her today. It was a lot of fun to hang out with her, her mom, her sister, and another bestie, and watch her try on dresses for the first time! She didn’t say yes to one today, but it is just a matter of time until she does! The above outfit is what I wore. I wanted something that was “smart casual” – a term I think I made up – that showed I deserved to belong in this fancy bridal shop. It turns out, I ended up leading the group to the fitting room and carried several dresses back to the fitting room…like I owned the place. So I guess the outfit worked?
Plus, I wore the jacket closed (it doesn’t have a button/closure) with my new ladybug brooch. So winning.
What would you wear to a dress fitting for a friend?
- On Target item: Denizen Jeans, (just got mine in August, in stores)
- Tee: Merona, Target (exact)
- Blazer: DressBarn (similar)
- Brooch: Old Navy (bought in October, in stores; similar)
- Shoes: thirfted
So a feature that I am going to run on Fridays (along with a daily outfit post) is called “Five for Friday.” I’ll be featuring five items from Target’s website that I am lusting after and feel could work wonders, if I had them in my daily wardrobe. This was a little late, but still worth it? The five I picked this week are all Merona brand and all awesome…
1. Merona blazer (true confession, I now own this blazer in 5 colors and have asked for 2 more for Christmas!)
2. Merona two-tone boots (love the mixture of black and brown and also am asking for these for Christmas)
3. Merona bird sweater (animal graphic sweaters are still SO on trend this year)
4. Merona pencil skirt (a true red that will help you “pop” in an office setting)
5. Merona purse (cute crossbody purse that looks more expensive that it actually is!)
Happy shopping, and I didn’t mean for it, but these all would work together in an outfit!
So after a short work week and a long weekend (I get every other Friday off – hooray), I am back to work. And nothing says bring it on Monday like a floral pencil skirt and a simple button down. Thankfully my Monday flew by, and I was able to make it home to finalize another vintage Coach purse purchase on Ebay. I am up to three now. I think I am addicted. The Fiance would say that he knows I am. Oh well?
I just love the history and the durability of these bags. Plus, I love thrifting and reusing things, instead of creating more (don’t get me wrong, I love modern day shopping as well). Coach is making their same vintage styles in their Classic collection (no “C” pattern here, I’m only a fan of the leather ones), but selling them for $300. I got a vintage one at Goodwill this weekend for $12.50. That is crazy! I’ve never been one to get crazy over brand name bags, but these are really timeless and cool.
Have you ever gotten so excited about a clothing item or accessory that you had to collect them all?! Let me know!
- On Target item: Merona skirt (other patterns in store now)
- Shirt: Merona, Target (old…though similar green one in stores now)
- Shoes: Merona, Target (old)
Sorry if the title of this post is a little out there for anyone, but that’s all I could think of upon looking at this images. Crazy amounts of legs and just the right amount of lace.
This shirt looks like it costs a million more times than it actually did. Super detailed floral lace print and it has a shell lining underneath, which was a big selling point for me. Plus, it is in this crisp yellow, which was a serious lack in my closet. Plus yellow just makes me think of summer, and sadly, summer is almost over! Hello September, when did you get here?
So for now, it is yellow lace and shorts with legs for days. And an awkward Hulk-ish photo? Don’t mind me.
- On Target item: Merona Top (early 2013 summer)
- Shorts: Old Navy (still in stores!)
- Shoes: thrifted