So a feature that I am going to run on Wednesdays (possibly along with a daily outfit post) is called “What I Wish I Wore Wednesday.” I’ll be piecing together an outfit on Polyvore (which I have never used before blogging, but I really like it) with all Target items to show you what I wish I was wearing and just how easy it is too look cute on a budget. My obsession with Target will never end… I posted this one on a Saturday, because I am having too much fun.
Houndstooth is a huge trend this fall/winter, and I really like how this sweater is in a traditional pattern, but in a non-traditional color scheme (gray and white vs. the standard black and white). I own a pair of shoes from Target like these (cough in three different colors cough), and they are a common work wear item for me. The skirt provides a pop of color from the cobalt shade and looks to be super comfy. I think the necklace would nicely tie it all together and give it some pizzazz.
What do you think? Would you wear this?
These Target blazers are out of control. The fit and style is exactly like more expensive versions (mainly J. Crew), and the price just can’t be beat. All of mine were bought either on sale during a weekly ad sale (or the 20% off promos online) or using the Cartwheel app. They fit me so well that I have bought a total of seven of them and have the polka dot version coming to me for Christmas — courtesy of the Fiance who was forced to go to Target with me and buy the last one in my size. Fate, my friends, fate.
I just think a blazer smartens up any outfit and instantly makes you look more put together. That is a-okay in my book.
Plus, this is probably the only “pink” (I call it coral) shirt you will ever see me in. So there’s that?
- On Target item: Merona Blazer, (in store and online)
- Shirt: thrifted
- Black jeans: Denizen, Target (recent, tall and short styles online too!)
- Boots: Tahari, Macys (old)
So a feature that I am going to run on Fridays (along with a daily outfit post) is called “Five for Friday.” I’ll be featuring five items from Target’s website that I am lusting after and feel could work wonders, if I had them in my daily wardrobe. The five I picked this week are to get prepared for the upcoming holidays with a black and gold combination.
1. Mossimo sequin shirt (perfect for both holidays and going out and would be great for New Years)
2. Target Limited Edition clutch (love the stripes and that this comes with a strap for crossbody wear)
3. Statement necklace (statement necklaces are such a cool trend right now and this one is at a reasonable price point compared to many other stores)
4. Xhilaration dress (I love their fit and flare dresses and this one would be great with a cardigan for an office party or family event)
5. Sam & Libby flats (classically cool smoking loafers, which are another huge trend this year)
Enjoy this week’s Black and Gold themed Five for Friday!
Blue is my favorite color. And it use to overwhelm my closet so much that I would put myself on blue-color bans, where I would force myself to branch out to other colors. I find myself embracing it a lot these days as well. It will be the main color at my upcoming wedding. It is the color of my favorite pro sports team (cough Indianapolis Colts cough). And mushy mush, it is the color of Fiance’s eyes!
Anyways, this outfit combines a lot of my favorite blue items (including a fairly new-from-clearance blue top). Hope you enjoy! Now I’m off to go snuggle up on the couch with a cup of coffee and my laptop, which is a perfect activity for this dreary Indiana day.
- On Target item: Merona Top (in stores on clearance rack)
- Cardigan: Merona, Target (spring 2013)
- Pants: Gap (old)
- Shoes: Merona, Target (old)
Growing out bangs is real hard. Like, so hard. Any tips?
Going back to work today was nice because we had a jeans day (which are somewhat random in our office, like on a Wednesday, but not this Friday?). So even though I was coming off a day off, I still had a pep in my step, since I got to wear my awesome Target jeans…again.
This blazer is recent from Gap, and it is honestly one of my greatest finds there. It is ponte material, but lined inside and really heavy/sturdy. The sleeves are long enough for my 5’9″ eagle arm length, because I bought it in a tall size 6, which someone had returned from online, because they never have talls in stores (huge thank you to that person)!
I kept the rest of the outfit pretty simple with some Target basics, since this blazer is kind of loud, and I really liked the look.
- On Target item: Mossimo Tee, (mine is grey without a pocket)
- Blazer: Gap (recent in stores)
- Denizen Jeans, (got mine in August, in stores)
- Shoes: Mossimo, Target (old)