Welcome to the fourth annual Red, White, and Blue Week here on Style On Target! It’s a whole lot of patriotic looks…but it is also how my closet looks the other 51 weeks of the year! ;)
We’re kicking the week off with a pairing of these super affordable sneakers (here – so affordable…so it is okay if you drop ice cream on them…guilty!) and my favorite dress ever from J.Crew (dear J.Crew team, please bring this back in yellow and red next year….I WILL buy).
It’s a perfect, Americana look for wearing all day on Fourth of July….from socializing to s’mores eating to sparkler waving.
Land of the free, home of the
Today’s fun highlights:
- It’s Friiiiiiiiiddaaaaayyyy (said in my best Oprah voice)!!!!
- It’s pouring rain outside, and I’m snuggled up under a blanket (because my husband won’t stop blasting the AC) and blogging on my couch with a snoring puppy beside me.
- THIS. IS. THE. LIFE. And I mean that 100% sincerely.
- I’m newly obsessed with the Fresh Bamboo candle from Bath and Body Works. Anyone else love that one (or have any other favorite scents to share)?!
- We saw Miike Snow on Tuesday this week, and I have never felt so old and so young at the same time. Thanks to long car rides in Utah last year with my brother, I knew most of the newer songs and enjoyed the show. And I of course danced my butt off to Genghis Khan (here – their most famous song).
- No big plans over here this weekend, but next week is Red, White, and Blue week here at Style On Target. And as long as it stops raining this weekend, I should have some new outfits for you…but until then, enjoy this shot from one of my favorite looks from last year (full post here)!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
And she’ll have fun fun fun / ‘Til her daddy takes the T-bird away
And don’t worry, even if your daddy takes the T-bird away (or you know, doesn’t have one…), you can still have fun in the summer. I promise! ;)
Or alternatively titled…what an off-duty art teacher might wear…hah!
This isn’t my typical color palette to don, but there’s something about the greens, yellows, and purples in this look that I’m really loving. Maybe it is because I was born in the land of Mardi Gras
Or maybe it’s because I had a brief stint in the art cabin at the summer camp that I worked out…before they determined that was NOT my expertise and sent me to the lake. ;)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I’m going to need this plaid skirt…right about now!
- Blogger love of the week: From one Katie to another, I’m loving this casual summer look from Katie of Little Black Book! I’d wear it to a summer BBQ or outdoor concert in a heartbeat!
- Two great fruit print finds for your daily dose of fruit: this adorable fit-and-flare watermelon dress (here) and this orange print blouse (here).
- These are probably the least summer appropriate shoe, but I love these suede mule slides! I don’t know if they are exactly my style, but they come in 4 colors and two of those are my favorite colors ever…so maybe that is a sign?
- The sweetest, most simplest commercial ever. All the awwwws.
- An ideal skirt for easy summer work outfits (and bonus, it comes in two different colors)!
- Ed Sheeran. James Corden. Carpool Karaoke. So much talent.
- Not sure how to process this, but this is a rechargeable clutch that has a scallop trim. Get you a clutch that can do it all (aka charge your phone, hold your stuff, and look cute too)!
- 18 products that Sephora employees buy for themselves!
- This maxi dress print is a dream, and I’m just going to pretend I could own it for more than two wears without spilling coffee, tacos, or ice cream all over it! ;)