It gets a little monotonous on this blog sometimes with all the navy, stripes, and J.Crew-inspired items/looks. I know. You know. And it’s okay. I definitely have my favorite silhouettes and styles that I gravitate to (my motto is apparently, if it’s navy…grab it before it crawls away).
But sometimes, I feel like that might get boring or predictable for you as a reader, so I wanted to shake it up (a tiny bit) today with featuring a retailer that I don’t normally wear, but love love love to walk through their store/displays…aka Madewell.
There’s something inspiring about looks that basically just consist of a tee and shorts, but still are “elevated” (whatever that means, right?). Basics that aren’t basic, you know? And no one does unbasic basics and summer styles quite like Madewell.
Easy, breezy, and only a tiny bit of navy in sight…here are my top 24 picks from Madewell this season. ;)
ps. Vacation clutch here…that makes me want to take a permanent vacation.
The moment I saw this tee on J.Crew Factory’s site, I knew I wanted to feature it in a What I Wish I Wore post.
And that time…that time is now! So feast your eyes on this pretty little tee and imagine wearing it with everything this summer. White skirt (duh, see above)? Jeans? Colorful maxi skirt? Denim skirt? Chino shorts?
Yes. Yes. And more yes.
ps. I bought this white skirt, and it is a STUNNER (and completely NOT see-through). And yes, it has my favorite skirt feature…pockets.
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- The most perfect pair of gingham shorts.
- Blogger love of the week: Alissa is a plant lady with plant print pants…and I’m ALL for it! (ps. Alissa, I am also one of those people who goes all all into one thing and then onto the next one. I. Get. It!)
- I scream, you scream, we all scream…for this preppy anchor print skirt (or try the matching cardigan – here)!
- The cutest little striped purse for summer weekends!
- Kinda into Harry Styles’s album (here) and Miley Cyrus’s new song, Malibu (here) lately. What is happening to me?! (Anyone else?)
- Great stripes and great reviews on these peep-toe flats (and a neat way to trend up a basic staple)!
- If you didn’t hear, Pippa Middleton (you know, Kate’s sister) got married, and she looked gorgeous. Check out her dress here!
- The perfect skirt for Red, White, and Blue Week here at Style On Target…and good for every other day too!
- Follow these Instagram accounts and you might develop a case of permanent wanderlust (but really, they all are great accounts to follow)!
- A very affordable, very adorable straw bag (like seriously, buy this now before it sells out)!
Today’s fun highlights:
- Oh man you guys, has it been a week or is it just me…coming down from a vacation high?
- I promise to be back up to regular blog posts next week (if the weather cooperates this weekend). It just seems like everytime I try to go take photos, something ends up happening (weather, equipment, vacation, etc.)
- So instead feast your eyes on one of my favorite looks from last year around this time! Stripes are always a good idea!
- And to end on the most random note ever, I did a foot peel soak last night (this one actually). Has anyone else done one of these? I won’t be sharing any photos of the process, but I will definitely share the results if it works in the next Favorite Favorites!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?