Today’s fun highlights:
- That’s right…tomorrow is my 30th birthday!
- I know, I know, I don’t look a day over 23, but it’s true. I’m officially joining the 30-something club. But tomorrow, tomorrow…I’ll be the youngest member, for sure.! ;)
- Bartenders, please continue to card me…and not my older-than-he-looks-because-he-has-a-beard husband. Thank you in advance.
- In other news, a good denim jacket is hard to find. But this one…this one from good ol’ J.Crew Factory…is a diamond in the rough. I love stretch denim in my jeans, but not in my jackets, and this was the only one I could find in my 2-year search that was 100% cotton…and more importantly, affordably priced. Grab it before everyone else finds out about this beaut!
- Also, dear Old Navy, please re-issue this dress in ALL the colors and ALL the patterns…instead of that dumb cami dress of yours. I pinky promise to buy them all, and I think a lot of other people would too!
- This weekend, we’re actually already up in Michigan celebrating my dad and I’s birthdays during a quick, little weekend trip. My dad’s birthday is actually today…so Happy Birthday, Dad…and here’s hoping we can find all the chocolate desserts in the world to celebrate you with!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
I firmly believe that you can never have enough navy.
Navy skirts, navy dresses, navy sweaters, navy blazers, navy tees, navy blouses, navy accessories, and navy shoes. All of them and more, please.
So the next time you can’t find me in my closet…it’s because I’m swimming in all of my navy favorites…so what’s a few more going to hurt? Gap has some really great navy pieces right now, so I thought I’d showcase them (along with a few neutrals) to keep the navy love strong on this blog.
Because can you really have too much? ;)
This month in “Can Katie Style It?” – aka the 3 Ways to Wear series – we’re taking on a piece that I’m considering adding to my own closet…a pair of floral shorts. Specifically, these ridiculously cute J.Crew floral shorts with tie belt (here)!
Do I only want these because Nicole has them (here for how she first styled them) and I want to be as cool and cute as her? Yes…absolutely. So I stole her shorts…and her stripe-mixing skillz (yes, with a z) for this post.
Call it swiping her style…call it inspiration, just don’t call me too late to order these shorts from J.Crew with my reward points. ;)
Ready, set, remix!
*Disclaimer: Only wear shorts to work if your office allows it. Mine doesn’t, so this is a nod to less conservative offices…
We have several great farmers’ markets here around the Indianapolis area, and they always have the best looking produce, homemade pasta, freshly-baked bread, etc. Everything good and simple to eat is there….along with gorgeous bouquets of flowers and tons of cute kids and dogs. It’s as great as it sounds.
I always have this brilliant idea that one of these days I’m going to go to the farmers’ market and buy all the things that I need to make one tremendously great meal. Doesn’t that sound great? It’s basically as close to European as I’ll ever get. And this year might be the year I finally do it…especially if I can do it dressed in today’s featured look.
So basically what I’m trying to say is….if you send me this entire outfit in the mail, I’ll make you one dinner from the farmers’ market.
Pretty please with freshly grated lemon zest on top? ;)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Where oh where have these striped wedge sandals been all my life?
- Blogger love of the week: Dear Ashley, can I please borrow this whole outfit…and then I’m going to need a trip to Italy to go with it too! ;)
- If you’re like me and looooove peonies…you should probably buy this faux floral arrangement so that you can enjoy them all year long.
- Two words that are sure to get your attention….gingham shirtdress. Yes, please!
- Someone get me a bucket of popcorn (and let’s be honest…probably some tissues), this looks like the cutest movie ever. And everyone needs a daily reminder to be kinder, right….let this be today’s reminder!
- This little white eyelet scarf is the perfect, simple topper for all your summer looks. Easy and breezy.
- More cuteness right here…elephants rushing to meet another elephant! How welcoming and sweet!
- My new favorite coffee travel tumbler (and others like it) are on super duper sale. Score them while you can, they’re GREAT at keeping beverages warm and are so cute!
- I saw this video last week scrolling through Facebook and had to share, because it’s basically pure joy! This girl and her passion for ventriloquy are so cute, I almost cried during it, and I hope she wins the whole thing!
- Major heart eyes for these patterned espadrilles that are under $50 and oh so cute! Now, I could only narrow down what pattern I want!