Today’s fun highlights:
- Vacation, vacation, vacation! Starts at 4:15pm today and lasts for a whole week! Hip hip hooray!
- But seriously though, does anyone have any recommendations for us to do in New Orleans (besides eat?) and/or Cozumel?
- I’m finishing up next week’s posts tonight, so you won’t have to miss me too much…because there will be things to see and read next week!
- I’ve recently rediscovered my brooch collection (I have about 8 of them?), and this ladybug is one of my favorites! It adds the perfect dash of quirk to an outfit.
- I promise I’m not an old lady…though I do like to be in bed by 10pm and wear brooches?
- In football related news…I can’t wait for the big game on Sunday! I am sad I will be missing out Super Bowl shindigs and buffalo chicken dip, but I’ll be cheering on the Seahawks (boooo Patriots) from New Orleans.
- And I can’t wait to see what Katy Perry wears…any bets for a referee costume or giant football dress?
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- I might not be packed yet. Like at all. Whoops. At least I know what I’m doing tonight?
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Plaid + stripes + blazers…
Just a few of my favorite things.
So I thought, put them together and what do you got?
Sorry…had to do it. ;)
You actually have a pretty professional outfit on a business woman who still gets Disney songs stuck in her head (and I don’t even have a small child to blame it on)!
Last Tuesday, I posted another outfit that involved chambray and leopard (here), and this Tuesday, I’m doing it again. Predictable? Yup.
But just a further confirmation that if something works, why mess with it?
p.s. If anyone was looking for a herringbone vest that is similar to the J.Crew one, but for less, check this one out (here). The lovely Karla Reed told me about it, and I just ordered one (outerwear doesn’t count towards my no-buy capsule challenge). Hopefully, it looks just as great on me as it does her!
- On Target item: Merona Black Heels (exact)
- Chambray Shirt: Old Navy (exact)
- Clutch: Banana Republic Factory Store (souvenir from Hawaii; similar options below)
- Belt: Merona, Target (reversible, similar)
- Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft (exact)
Fun fact about this outfit? I meant to grab a black purse to, you know, complement the rest of the black going on in this outfit?
Well fail. I grabbed a dark, dark, dark navy blue purse instead. Let’s just blame this never. ending. week for it. I mean it is the first full work week I’ve worked in like 1.5 months!
Let’s pretend I was being really visionary though. I think it still works!? Maybe?
- On Target item: Merona Black Tassel Flats (exact)
- Tee: Merona, Target (Fall 2013; this year’s version)
- Vest: Old Navy (Spring 2014; similar)
- Belt: Mossimo Supply Co., Target (old; similar 1, similar 2)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; similar crossbody options below)
- Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft (exact)
I promise I did not intentionally wear this bumblebee bracelet after naming my post yesterday. Bumblebees on the mind, anyone?
Probably because I have been buzzing around like crazy lately, trying to be an excellent bridesmaid (yesterday’s details included telling B terrible jokes and stories in her basement, aka distraction) and trying to pack and get ready for the move next weekend! Crazy land here at Style On Target headquarters!
So thanks for sticking around as I only pump out the animal pun titles!
- On Target item: Merona Red Kitten Heels (Winter 2013, similar 1, similar 2)
- Bracelet: Target (Summer 2013; super similar style in bees, frogs, and flamingos)
- Purse: Merona, Target (exact – see my review here)
- Button Down: Ann Taylor Loft (exact – and extra 40%, yes please!)
- Belt: Merona, Target (old; similar 1, similar 2)
- Pants: Denizen black jeans, Target (super similar – tall and short styles online too!)