Today’s fun highlights:
- Vacation has officially begun
- Wearing whatever I want because it is vacation!
- Basics that aren’t boring
- Packing frenzy
- Coffee to fuel the packing frenzy
- My in-laws are arriving tonight, since we’re all headed to Hawaii together. Luckily, I really enjoy spending time with them (and my only lovely family…who I get to go to Denver with soon)!
- Be sure to follow me on Instagram (here) for photos from the trip!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- Taking The Puppy to the boarders. Always so sad.
- Missing all of you while we are gone (don’t worry, there will be posts scheduled for you to enjoy!)
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
- On Target item: Merona Sleeveless Blouse (exact)
- Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft (super old; similar seed bead necklace options below)
- Jeans: Mossimo, Target (old; super similar)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; exact current bag; super similar for less!)
- Shoes: Merona, Target (old; similar)
Oh what did you say? Today was my last day of work before vacation, and I’m beaming from ear to ear. I’m about to go grab a latte and get to packing for the trip.
Because, of course, I procrastinated to the nth degree. Typical. I do this thing called “mental packing” which is when I just think of all the things I want to bring. Well, that isn’t like actual packing, it turns out…because all those things don’t fit into a carry-on suitcase.
First World Problems.
So good news/bad news situation here on a Monday. The bad news: I got (fake) Birks. The good news? I got (fake) Birks and love them. I lived in them pretty much all weekend at the lake (had a blast by the way).
I love the vibe (casual, obviously) that they bring to any outfit. Sleeveless shirt? Class it down a bit with Birks and a casual bag. Striped tee dress? Take it down a notch with some Birks.
I’m obsessed, so watch out friends! But be honest, do you love them or hate them?
- On Target item: Merona Black Sleeveless Blouse (exact – I own it in black and white…and you should too!)
- Sunglasses: Target (Summer 2014 – SUPER similar)
- Purse: Mossimo, Target (exact – $11.54)
- Belt: Mossimo Supply Co., Target (old; similar 1, similar 2)
- Shorts: Old Navy (Summer 2013 – see ikat short options below!)
- Birks: Topshop (exact)
So, no better time than Skirt Week to bust out a skirt that you have never. ever. worn before!
Enter this paisley skirt that I couldn’t decide originally if I liked or not. Well, like most other pencil skirts from Target, it fit perfectly and wore me down, since it can be worn with SO MANY colors! I had to have it, and once I had it, then it just hung around, until the recent closet clean out. It got bumped to the front (aka to prompt me to wear it), and the rest is history!
Are any of you rocking an old skirt (or neglected one, like mine)!?
Skirt Week Link-up Guidelines:
1. Follow us on Bloglovin’
• Style on Target
• Shopping My Closet
• Shades of Sarah
2. Use the widget below to link to your specific blog post (i.e today’s post) featuring a skirt, not your blog’s homepage.
3. I’m planning on using the hashtag #skirtweek2014 on Instagram, and I’d love to be able to see you all on there with that hashtag as well!
Can’t wait to keep seeing your looks!!