Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I ordered these striped pants this weekend, because I thought they might be perfect for some non-boring work pants. I’ll keep you posted, but I’m worried that even in the talls, they might be too short for my giraffe legs!
- Blogger love of the week: Obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about this look on Daphne. Blue + white + tulips…say no more! I’ll be recreating this here as soon as the weather can figure itself out over here!
- This might be the prettiest skirt in the history of skirts.
- J.Crew shows you how to style your denim the next time you are in a style rut!
- These striped ankle strap flats are the perfect spring/summer addition to anyone’s wardrobe!
- The last thing I need in my closet is another jacket/coat, but this one is such a fun shape, annnnnd it comes with detachable stripe cuffs! Love it!
- Kudos to LEGO for their new collection featuring five NASA pioneers…who all just happen to be female! Check them out here, and hopefully this is just the beginning of more to come!
- I was just casually browsing Banana Republic the other day for work pants, when I stumbled upon the knockout maxi dress in a gingham print! Guh! Love it and would be so perfect for summer weddings or summer BBQs and everything in between!
- Love the song “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran (one of my current favorite singers)…so naturally, I loved the classroom instrument version by The Roots and Jimmy Fallon and of course, Ed. That banana maraca!
- Scallops + eyelet + a variety of spring colors? Say no more…I’m ordering this pretty blouse!
ps. This “shirt” is a shirt dress tucked into a skirt. Pretty clever, huh? Gotta maximize that wardrobe!
- On Target item: Merona Cognac Tote (similar options below)
- Sunglasses: Target (exact)
- Lip Color: Sonia Kashuk (exact- in Berry)
- “Shirt”: Merona, Target (similar)
- Belt: Madewell (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (similar)
- Skirt: Charter Club, Macy’s (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (super similar)
Can’t resist a good rabbit pun, especially with the print on this blouse. But I have to confess, I can’t take credit for that title, guys…that was all The Husband’s contribution. What can I say? We were made for each other!
But seriously, what IS happening?!
It’s been a bit since I have written a blog post, since the posts from last week were pre-scheduled for vacation! I’m not even sure I know how to do it anymore, so we’ll start off slow today with a few of my new favorite pieces (and a total dad joke title…par for the course, here).
This J.Crew sweater-blazer is my new best friend (sorry to anyone else who has ever held that title). This might be the first time I’m showcasing it in an outfit post, but I can assure you that you will see it again and again, as I’m constantly wearing it and remixing it in real life. Oh, and it has pockets! Win. It hasn’t been on promo this entire time, but surprisingly, it is 20% off today only (here – with code SHOPFAST), if you want to scoop it up! I’m wearing a small and normally take a medium from J.Crew, if that helps you out with sizing!
And while this outfit would have looked ultra classic with a chic black bag, I couldn’t help adding a dash of color into the mix with my favorite red crossbody purse. The perfect size, the perfect shape, and the perfect color. And if you’re not crazy about the color…it comes in a bunch of other colors and patterns (and is also 20% off today with the same code)!
One more favorite thing? Tomorrow is Friday! Let’s hop to it! ;)
Today’s fun highlights:
- Yes, those are bugs on my coat. That I put there intentionally….and I love them! It’s the easiest way to spruce up your winter wool coat, when you’ve worn it for the 1,000th time!
- It’s Friday. It might hit 60 degrees here today…in January. I’m getting my hair cut this afternoon. And I’m trying to convince The Husband that we need burgers again tonight. Positive thoughts today, people…and hugs all around.
- And even though I said last week that La La Land was only pretty good...that hasn’t stopped me from listening to the soundtrack on Spotify (here) on super repeat. Love the original songs!
- And for those of you wondering what “super repeat” is, it’s when you play something over and over and over again until you drive your husband crazy. It’s definitely that.
- This weekend, we’re celebrating our niece’s second birthday! It’s hard to believe that she is already two, and I can’t wait to celebrate with her, Curious George, and The Husband’s family. Happy Birthday, S!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Wasn’t that what you were suppose to say for good luck at the beginning of a month? I’m pretty sure that’s at least what they said on Nickelodeon a few years ago! ;)
But what about at the beginning of the week? When you’re wearing an adorable rabbit print blouse?
Do you get double the luck? Does the luck multiply…well…like rabbits? ;)
We might never know, but I’m saying it anyways. Rabbit rabbit.
Maybe I’ll get a three-day work week out of it…or something like that! ;)