Dreary Tuesday here in Indiana, so what better way to brighten up the day with a colorful necklace from a European street market (Pisa, Italy to be exact) and a polka dot skirt from a major US retailer (cough Target cough)? There is something about polka dots that make me very happy. It could be their sporadic placement or the fact that they make even business wear seem fun. They’re probably my favorite pattern ever (or is it stripes…don’t make me choose)!
This skirt from Target is an “old” stand by. I think it was for sale in spring 2013. It looks way more expensive than it was, and I am obsessed with the Merona pencil skirts. They are super great quality for the price (usually lined and sturdy fabrics), which is just how I like my work wear.
Yesterday marks exactly three months until The Fiance and I get married! Super exciting, but super anxiety-inducing too. There are just so many things to finalize still, and despite having a crazy dream about not having a hair stylist for the wedding…I still don’t have one. I’ve got a list made of things I still have to do, and while I’m slowly (read very very slowly) marking them off the list, I still have a lot to do.
Bright side? Our invitations (and all the parts) came in today, and I love the way everything looks together. And The Fiance said he likes these pants, which I scored at our local thrift shop on my day off this past Friday. He did not, however, like the fur vest I picked up on the same trip. So win/lose for him? Because both are staying! :)
- On Target item: Merona Sweater (no longer for sale online, check stores; similar, similar too)
- Pants: J. Crew, thrifted (old; other plaid pants: here and here)
- Pumps: Pedro Miralles, TJ Maxx (similar)
Today’s fun highlights:
- Regular Friday off from work!
- Snow is melting!
- Lunch with my parents and brother!
- Shopping at my favorite thrift store!
- Awesome reversible fur vest that I bought at said thrift store (will make its blog debut soon)!
- Double Starbucks day!
- Picking up my wedding dress from the tailor and having that “magical moment”!
- Wearing my favorite striped shirt from Target!
- Dinner date tonight with The Fiance!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- I ripped these comfy jeggings right after these photos were taken…because I am the biggest klutz in the world. More excuse to go shopping, right?
Happy Friday everyone! You made it through the first full week after the holidays! Enjoy your weekend, friends!
- On Target item: Merona Striped Boat Neck Tee (on sale this week!)
- Cardigan: Old Navy (exact)
- Necklace: Forever 21 (old)
- Jeans: Old Navy (old; similar)
- Shoes: Old Navy (exact)
Shocked face: It’s really -11 degrees out here.
Off work again! We’re starting to go stir crazy here in Indianapolis. Our travel advisory finally moved from warning to watch, so we’re more than likely going to be back at work tomorrow. Hooray (I never thought I would say that)!
This combination of plaid and a cozy sweater really did the trick today. I thought about titling this post, “Fancy Lumberjack” because of all the outdoorsmen elements (plaid, wool-ish socks, duck boots) wrapped up into one outfit. However, it must have worked, since I was toasty warm inside our house. This also might be because I am also currently in charge of the thermostat. It was the perfect look for a winter day. The gold chain necklace and the touch of lipstick glam it up just a bit (did I mention I am going stir crazy). My new blog friend, Sara, made one of her 2014 resolutions to wear more lipsticks, and I think I am going to join her in this one.
ps. Second callout: Follow my blog with Bloglovin
pps. Winter sunlight reflecting off all the snow is not good for clear eye shots.
- On Target item: Denizen Jeans (exact)
- Plaid shirt: Old Navy (bought in October 2013, similar; last seen here)
- Sweater: J. Crew (thrifted, but similar)
- Necklace: Target (old, but similar)
- Socks: Merona, Target (last year, similar)
- Duck boots: L.L. Bean (got mine thrifting for $25, but exact)
I wore this in honor of my beloved Indianapolis Colts (NFL team, in case you are completely lost), and their huge comeback win on Saturday. I had the privilege of attending the game with my dad, and it was absolutely amazing, exciting, almost heartbreaking, and thrilling! No words to describe my love of the game and this team.
I had planned on wearing this to work today to show my team colors (blue and white), but guess what? We have an official snow day thanks to this crazy winter weather we are having in the Midwest. If you haven’t heard about in the news, check it out…this is big! I think the temperature outside is like -12 (and even colder with every gust of wind), so The Fiance and I braved the bitter cold to bring you these photos. Hence, the cold red face and the crazy wind. We’re hunkering down inside for the day and might watch a movie and drink lots of hot chocolate. Pretty good for a Monday, I think!
ps. My mom was right again (see here when I rocked red tights because she said I could). This houndstooth jacket is not old ladyish (like I thought here), and I love it. Soooo, Mom: 2, Katie: 0.
pps. Follow my blog with Bloglovin
- On Target item: Merona Oxford Blazer (on sale in stores too!)
- Top: Target (exact)
- Bracelet: Murano glass from trip to Venice, Italy (similar style but not murano glass; real murnao bracelet)
- Hat: Moon Shadow, Target (exact, similar)
- Jeans: Old Navy (old; similar)
- Boots: Tahari, Macys (old, similar)