Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- A black and white flare stripe skirt? Say no more…I’m there!
- Blogger love of the week: Can’t get enough of Nicole’s print mixing combo (stripes and florals were just mean to be) and how cheerful and bright her outfit is! Enough to shake off those winter blues!
- These pom-pom flats are so fun, vivid, and bright (especially in person)…perfect for getting you out of a winter funk.
- After last week and the extreme changes to the welcoming, diverse America that I thought I knew, I was looking for some small ways to channel my energy in a positive way….so I’m loving this list of 10 small ways to protest. Join me?
- A cardigan for all my bow-loving ladies! It’s like Kate Spade….for way, way, less!
- Loft, pleeeeeease stop with the new arrivals (even more dropped this weekend – check them out here), you’re killing me and my budget planning! This yellow lace skirt is already on its way to me. Fingers crossed that I hate it! ;)
- My dreams came true guys…foxes and dogs CAN be best friends! True life The Fox and The Hound over here.
- A good navy bag is hard to find…which is we all need this little affordable number.
- This embroidery might have been the prettiest, quaintest thing I saw all of last week. The skill! The beauty! The patience! The cuteness!
- An adorable nautical skirt that you know Kate Middleton would love…yes, please!
You know that scene in Sound of Music where Maria sings to the children about her favorite things, because they are scared of the storm? “Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens?”
Well, my lyrics would definitely have to involve puppies and polka dots (and coffee, NFL football, heels that comfortable, and chocolate chip cookies), so instead of breaking your eardrums with my singing, I’ve decided to share this outfit with you.
Your ears can thank me later.
ps. This shirt is from the men’s department of Target. Sometimes you never know what gems you’ll find in Target, and since I have a Target style blog, I get to call that “researching” not shopping! ;)
This month’s Style Soulmates look was inspired by my second favorite Indianapolis blogger (the first being me of course)!
Sarah from Sarah’s Real Life!
Sarah is hilarious, quick witted, and a ridiculously good print mixer. I have to say these things, mostly because she knows where I live, but also because they’re very true!
Proof? This outfit, which I stole from one of Sarah’s Instagram posts.
Stripes on top and a floral (for Sarah) / paisley (for me) skirt on the bottom. Her look works so well, because her patterns feature the same color of blue, and mine works because of the use of neutrals and matching accessories. So if you’re looking to recreate this look, just grab your classic stripe button down and a printed skirt!
So thanks for making a summer work outfit super easy, Sarah, by letting me steal this look (now let’s go grab guacamole again soon)!
Funny story to go along with this fantastic work outfit. Slightly embarrassing. But definitely funny.
One day, I went to take outfit photos of the look for this here blog. You know, as one does. Okay…as this ONE does.
This cute little green area/fence butts up against a building, so I usually just park my car, jump out, and get to outfit shooting. Welllllll...on this particular day, the owner of the building thought I was throwing away trash in his dumpster that is about 20 feet outside of this shot. And while some people might not looooove this outfit…it is definitely NOT trash! ;)
So I got to explain to him EXACTLY what I was doing. I was embarrassed. He was embarrassed. The fence in the background was second-handily embarrassed. Long pause. Long pause. Long pause. And he just said, “Oh that’s cool. Please continue, and I’ll go back inside.”
Thank you, sir. Happy Monday, indeed.