Well, I’m not sure how I go around and beat the greatness of yesterday’s pun-filled post (here if you missed it), but my parents didn’t raise a quitter, so I’m back (back again…for all my Eminem fans), but this time with a bit of a rambling post.
Since I don’t own that beautiful berry-filled skirt, I have to make my own red and navy magic in some older tried-and-true pieces. Nothing like a good old remix with some closet workhorses to round out the work week.
On another note, some of you sent me some super sweet personal messages about my crappy week last week. I can’t thank you all enough! It’s so nice to be part of a caring and giving community. If you don’t mind, please send my mom some good vibes/wishes/prayers today. She is having her surgery, and I’m driving up north to be with her this weekend. Thanks in advance, guys!
Lastly, are those fleur-de-lis on my shirt or fireflies? A question that might leave you pondering allllll weekend long. ;)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I ordered these striped pants this weekend, because I thought they might be perfect for some non-boring work pants. I’ll keep you posted, but I’m worried that even in the talls, they might be too short for my giraffe legs!
- Blogger love of the week: Obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about this look on Daphne. Blue + white + tulips…say no more! I’ll be recreating this here as soon as the weather can figure itself out over here!
- This might be the prettiest skirt in the history of skirts.
- J.Crew shows you how to style your denim the next time you are in a style rut!
- These striped ankle strap flats are the perfect spring/summer addition to anyone’s wardrobe!
- The last thing I need in my closet is another jacket/coat, but this one is such a fun shape, annnnnd it comes with detachable stripe cuffs! Love it!
- Kudos to LEGO for their new collection featuring five NASA pioneers…who all just happen to be female! Check them out here, and hopefully this is just the beginning of more to come!
- I was just casually browsing Banana Republic the other day for work pants, when I stumbled upon the knockout maxi dress in a gingham print! Guh! Love it and would be so perfect for summer weddings or summer BBQs and everything in between!
- Love the song “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran (one of my current favorite singers)…so naturally, I loved the classroom instrument version by The Roots and Jimmy Fallon and of course, Ed. That banana maraca!
- Scallops + eyelet + a variety of spring colors? Say no more…I’m ordering this pretty blouse!
ps. This “shirt” is a shirt dress tucked into a skirt. Pretty clever, huh? Gotta maximize that wardrobe!
- On Target item: Merona Cognac Tote (similar options below)
- Sunglasses: Target (exact)
- Lip Color: Sonia Kashuk (exact- in Berry)
- “Shirt”: Merona, Target (similar)
- Belt: Madewell (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (similar)
- Skirt: Charter Club, Macy’s (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (super similar)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- A black and white flare stripe skirt? Say no more…I’m there!
- Blogger love of the week: Can’t get enough of Nicole’s print mixing combo (stripes and florals were just mean to be) and how cheerful and bright her outfit is! Enough to shake off those winter blues!
- These pom-pom flats are so fun, vivid, and bright (especially in person)…perfect for getting you out of a winter funk.
- After last week and the extreme changes to the welcoming, diverse America that I thought I knew, I was looking for some small ways to channel my energy in a positive way….so I’m loving this list of 10 small ways to protest. Join me?
- A cardigan for all my bow-loving ladies! It’s like Kate Spade….for way, way, less!
- Loft, pleeeeeease stop with the new arrivals (even more dropped this weekend – check them out here), you’re killing me and my budget planning! This yellow lace skirt is already on its way to me. Fingers crossed that I hate it! ;)
- My dreams came true guys…foxes and dogs CAN be best friends! True life The Fox and The Hound over here.
- A good navy bag is hard to find…which is we all need this little affordable number.
- This embroidery might have been the prettiest, quaintest thing I saw all of last week. The skill! The beauty! The patience! The cuteness!
- An adorable nautical skirt that you know Kate Middleton would love…yes, please!
It seems like every year I have a new favorite coat…which usually ends up being the one that I bought for that particular year (see my camel coat here for my 2015 favorite). Sure, I still love my old standbys, but there’s nothing like a new coat to chase your winter blues away!
Or at least that’s what I tell The Husband. ;)
And yes, that same thing happened again this year with my new plaid coat from J.Crew. As soon as I saw it in stores, I knew I was hook-line-and-sinker gone and committed to making this my 2016 winter coat purchase.
And here it is…in its blog debut! The fit is perfection, the navy/white/green colors are a fun, unexpected mix, and it is heavyweight without being bulky. Plus, plaid is a classic pattern, so you know you’ll be wearing it for years to come.
So if you’re still making your Christmas list, you might want to tell Santa your coat size too! ;) Or just make this your 2016 coat!
Wasn’t that what you were suppose to say for good luck at the beginning of a month? I’m pretty sure that’s at least what they said on Nickelodeon a few years ago! ;)
But what about at the beginning of the week? When you’re wearing an adorable rabbit print blouse?
Do you get double the luck? Does the luck multiply…well…like rabbits? ;)
We might never know, but I’m saying it anyways. Rabbit rabbit.
Maybe I’ll get a three-day work week out of it…or something like that! ;)